Microsoft to take a stab at "Casual Gamers"

lackluster dj said:
that's entirely subjective.

and the core 360 is pretty much worthless (no hdd) to any gamer, casual or not. also doesn't come with a game, controller is wired...

clearly not comparing apples to apples here.
it dosent come with a tech demo?
the wii dosent have a haddrive either
and the graphics card and processor are insanely worth it, microsoft is loosing money on each 360 sold, so in your world, the 360 would be way more worth it

Sovieto said:
it dosent come with a tech demo?
the wii dosent have a haddrive either
and the graphics card and processor are insanely worth it, microsoft is loosing money on each 360 sold, so in your world, the 360 would be way more worth it

mine didnt come with a tech demo, but i'm going to have to go out on a limb and say wii sports > tech demo (although wii sports is kinda a tech demo i guess :lol: )

the wii doesn't rely on having a hard drive as much as the 360. i have 7 or 8 wii games and they all have my status saved without buying any memory.

im just sayin at $300 you're only investing in the shell of the console. gotta add necessary components to enjoy it. and your well over the initial 300 after you get your setup playable.

lackluster dj said:
mine didnt come with a tech demo, but i'm going to have to go out on a limb and say wii sports > tech demo (although wii sports is kinda a tech demo i guess :lol: )

the wii doesn't rely on having a hard drive as much as the 360. i have 7 or 8 wii games and they all have my status saved without buying any memory.

im just sayin at $300 you're only investing in the shell of the console. gotta add necessary components to enjoy it. and your well over the initial 300 after you get your setup playable.
all you need is 1 game which could last you months (say, killer app Gears of War?) and anyone who buys a wii without getting another game is obviously not a gamer..so theyre out of the question
and a $25 memory unit, and youre good to go

Sovieto said:
all you need is 1 game which could last you months (say, killer app Gears of War?) and anyone who buys a wii without getting another game is obviously not a gamer..so theyre out of the question
and a $25 memory unit, and youre good to go

i spose a $60 game and a $25 memory unit will get you there. (also gets you to almost 400 bucks not including sales tax on the console or accessories) but in theory you could purchase on tax free weekend... :wink:

while a wii with a game gets you to the even 300 (not including tax)

i just think wii has the undisputable price advantage over the 360. it's a major attribute to its success.

i went through this when i decided to get my 360. i was all set on pickin up the core system, but i knew all i was doing was delaying the eventual total cost.

FR3344LL said:
people (like me) who have watched M$ monopolise over the years...longer
than you have been in existance mr.flood will fully understand.

where did i say i played 8 hours in a day? i'm lucky if i get 8 hours a week.

1. yes i have a job...for 20 years in fact, and i have lots of friends and a family.

2. no. my eye's are fine (for a 37 year old) but have to wear specs occasionally for my job.

as you (kids) say...whatever

1 point to old guy, anyone else want a stab?

Revival said:

hey, less of the old!!!:smilewinkgrin:

i'm not quite zimmerframe material yet...although i'll be glad when
i'm off these ****ing crutches (ruptured my achilles tendon in march).

Revival said:

Lol.

FR3344LL said:
hey, less of the old!!!:smilewinkgrin:

i'm not quite zimmerframe material yet...although i'll be glad when
i'm off these ****ing crutches (ruptured my achilles tendon in march).

Actually anybody older than you is technically old ^^

(Joke)

the_flood502 said:
Lol.

Actually anybody older than you is technically old ^^

(Joke)

yeah, tell me about it, mind you i still have all of my (longish) hair!!
probably a touch longer than yours flood502, although there are streaks
of grey now appearing (that's worrying over kids for you).

corny as it sounds, it doesn't seem like two minutes since i left school
an was in my teens...

all i can say is enjoy it while it lasts....before responsibilities (kids/job
mortgage) take hold!!

Back