Some Questions on the Wii

Guitarsmasher108

Generic Title
Jan 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
7159-9949-3697-1168
I have some questions about the Wii.

1. Since you are able to use the Wii web browser, i was wondering if you are able to go on aim.com, click on the aim express button, and be able to talk to your friends using aim express.

2. I am also a little uneasy about the Wi-Fi connection. When i get a Wii, im not sure if itll be able to reach my wireless router. If i put the Wii in my room, the wireless router will be almost directly above on the next floor up. Do you think itll be able to get a connection?

Guitarsmasher108 said:

1. Since you are able to use the Wii web browser, i was wondering if you are able to go on aim.com, click on the aim express button, and be able to talk to your friends using aim express.

2. I am also a little uneasy about the Wi-Fi connection. When i get a Wii, im not sure if itll be able to reach my wireless router. If i put the Wii in my room, the wireless router will be almost directly above on the next floor up. Do you think itll be able to get a connection?
idk about the first one.
You will probally be able to connect..

1) probably not, try it.

2) depending on the router, and its range, it should work. My router is directly downstairs from my wii, and it works.

i have a D-link, i looked it up online and its the second most popular wireless router next to lynkses (sp??). and the computer im on is further away from the router and has a low connection, but still works fine, drops are rare. im just not sure how strong the Wii connection would be and if itll reach. :/

Guitarsmasher108 said:

#2 - you should be able to get a connection on the floor above or below the router. I have a Wii upstairs from the router.

my router is on floor 1 and i am on the 3rd floor!

and i tried to go to aim 4 u but it says the browser is not supported by aim express...so no u cant use aim or aim express! :)

Back