Sports / Golf not swinging

zionahead

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2008
I'm having a problem with Wii Sports Golf. It used to work fine swinging for a few months. All of a sudden, it just won't swing anymore. It stutters / hesitates and is very slow motion. Not sure why.

Battery level is full
Signal is full
Sensor is 3 ft below tv
Tv is 32", mounted on wall

I stand in the same spot I've always stood playing Golf in the past without a problem. I even tried new batteries. The other games work just fine though.

What could be the cause of this? I really need to golf! :)

Did you remember that you have to hold down A (i think) to swing? Are you left/ right handed playing with the opposite handed Mii?

If your remote is not sensing movement of your arm swings then the motion sensors (called accelerators) inside the Remote are stuck. This is a rare condition, I've only had to do this on one remote and the following is the solution if you were to call Nintendo Tech Support:
  • it's hard to believe :)
    • lie the remote in your palm flat-side down
    • take your other hand and whack it real hard several times
    • avoid hitting the battery door and trigger button
    • if it's not fixed, try again... you'll get it.
From frankwhite:

Thank You. I ended up having to call Nintendo which tells me its a known issue... then tells me to hold remote upside down in right hand place left hand 4 inches above the remote and give her a good whack. ((( I actually started to laugh and ask if he was serious)))
anyhow it worked after the 7th whack.

So you were right thanks for the help.
Yep I have my Wii remote working now....

Back