Strategie for using Footstool Jump?

DAVIDV99

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2007
Hey well i tried out doing the footstool jump on training, and it took me a pretty long time to learn how to do it XD. Well its pretty nice, but do any of you use it in a game? I remember from dojo that it said you can do meteor smashes with it, but i never tried that yet.

I forgot totally about it untill i did it by accident in a game...I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it but I will in time

yea i forgot too but then i did it now i cant do it again

I forgot about it, until during an online match I kept jumping off of zero suit samus's head lol. It would send her straight down but she usually recovered.

You just press jump when you're directly above their head (ie stepping on it) and you'll jump off their head while they go plummeting down. They can recover in a second or so, and most characters usually have better edgeguarding moves than to footstool jump them while they're off the stage. You can mess opponents up by randomly footstool jumping on them sometimes, though.

Its not very significant at all. I see it being used more as mindgames than anything, by taunting your opponent.

If you're looking for the next big thing, its not going to be the Footstool jump.

...why bother with footstool when you can spike?

most characters have been given better d airs, so i don't see any real need for this technique...

Yeah, true true, there is no good use for it, and it seems like taunting. It is pretty funny though, like sometimes when i acidentaly use it, and the other person thats playing is like "What happenned?" Good laughs...

Back