Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
Super Mario Strikers Review:

Mario-Strikers-Charged-US.jpg

Story:
There really is no story to this game except the "Road to the Striker Cup". You can unlock fields and different characters by beating each cup. You will first go through the qualifying rounds then off to final rounds. If you lose during the final rounds, you'll be have to start the cup all over again, which is a huge downside to this game. Of course, after each cup you finished, there will be a little celebration...but nothing to special.

Gameplay:
Gameplay is where the fun starts off. The controls feel very natural and are easy to take control of. The nunchunk is used for moving your character, The wiimote is used for passing, shoting, stealing, and of course...HITTING! Hitting opponents feel great and the wii mote works perfect for this. All you do is swing your wiimote in any direction and it will attempt to hit an opponent nearby.

There are also sidekicks in the game, where you choose 3 teammates to help you play. Each sidekick has it's own ability, like Dry Bones lightning ball. They prove to be very affective, but can be abusive on wi-fi.

5973994194671ebb0e7e3a.jpg

Dry Bones special ability (Lightning Ball).

There are many different characters you may play including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Wario, Bowser, and Baby Bowser and others that may be unlocked. Every character has it's own special ability and it's own power strike. Special abilities may range from Waluigi's Wall to DK Smash. If you ever played a Madden Football game, the power strikes work the same as kicking field goals, but power strikes may only be used by your captain (DK, Mario, etc.)

mariostrikerscharged_013.jpg

Mario's Special Ability. Look familiar?

If you're looking for a game like FIFA or Winning Eleven, then you're mistakenly wrong. Rules do not apply to this game. The only rule that I know of is if you hit an opponent, the opponent may get a item like koopa shells or bombs, which can be used on the other opponent.

This game was met for it's gameplay, and you won't be disappointed with it.

Graphics:
Graphics are a major step from previous games on the Wii. Even though they don't match against the 360 or the PS3, they are still very good. Both the character and stadium designs were well thought out and well done. Also, the cutscenes after you cast your power strikes really show what the Wii can put forth.

14.jpg

You'll encounter stadiums with features like this one.

Sound:
The sound is alright, you've heard these voice actors before and it's nothing new or innovative. There are a few good points though, the menu music fits in the game very well. Also the crowd after each goal you score responds decently. But overall, sound isn't the biggest thing in the game and it will be something you'll forget soon enough.

Multi-Player:
Like any sport oriented game, there is multiplayer. You can play against your friend or family members. Or you may work together and enter grudge matches, cups, or even online.

Online:
It's pretty much the same as single player, except you can play with your friend 1v1 or against random people. In my opinion though, it's a little unbalanced, a team may fool with you all game by spamming attacks or volleying the ball around. The up side is you do not need friend codes to play online which is a good step for the Wii.

Overall:
This game is really meant for multiplayer, but can also be enjoyed single player. If you enjoy mario games, this is a definite pick up. But Overall it's a great installment into the mario series and the Wii as well.

Code:
Story: N/A
Gameplay: 9/10
Controls: 9/10
Graphics: 8/10
Sound: 6/10
Multiplayer: 9/10 
Online: 7/10
OVERALL: 8.5/10

Other Mario Striker Games:
Super Mario Strikers
AAAAAqN8ZwQAAAAAACs4lw.jpg

Next Review:

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS

shadow_of_the_colossus.jpg

I'll be reviewing one of the greatest games to ever come out on the PS2. And it's the best game I've ever played...

That's a nice review you've written there, complete with photos no less!
But there are a few things I have to disagree with.

There is alot of stigma about the unbalanced nature of the online play. You refer to players using unbalanced Skillshots and you refer to the simple lob pass as some unfair technique! I absolutely have to say that there is a counter to every Skillshot, juke, pass, and shot in the game. They aren't as simple as the Rock-Paper-Scissors style of some RTS', but a skilled player can but the brakes on what appear to a novice to be cheap tactics.

And as much as it pains me, I have to say that the graphics in the game are sub-par at best. After looking at the new Metroid, the old "Wii isn't as powerful as PS3 or XBox 360, so allow for it" stance is outdated. The Wii is capable of producing absolutely stunning graphics, and Strikers looks awful comparably. Not to say there isn't some charm in the familiar, yet darker art style of the game.

Overall I think you rate the game with a little bias. Don't get me wrong, this is my absolute favorite game ever.(Except for a few classics...) But it can be better!

Back