Super Meat Boy gets canned for the Wii, Ultra Edition unveiled

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I think some of us heard this new before but apparently the wiiware game of Super Meat Boy, move over Super Mario Brothers al least you won, anyway super meat boy got canned

Despite the not so happy relationship that Team Meat had with Microsoft insofar as the release of Super Meat Boy was concerned, at least what they could be thankful about is that they actually got to publish the game on the Xbox 360, and got to spread their meaty joy around to gamers. Not like the Wii.

Yes, guys. Team Meat has confirmed earlier in their blog that they have in fact canned the Wii version of the game. Co-founder Edmund McMillen took to the task of breaking the unfortunate news to awaiting fans. According to his explanation, "We really tried hard to make this happen but not one publisher we talked to thought a retail budget title for the Wii would be profitable at this point in the Wii's life cycle. And we totally understand that."

Apart from this announcement, McMillen also used the space to divulge some more details about the previously announced Ultra Edition for Super Meat Boy. As already mentioned, it will be coming to North America on April, and will be sold for US$ 20.

As for what's in the package, you'll also be getting:

* Tons of ingame sound effects (so you guys who keep emailing asking about getting that "WARP ZONE!" sound clip to use as the ring tone can stop)

* Over 300mb of bonus content including character art, wallpapers, behind the scenes development photos, warp zone art, game trailers and even a few piece of never before seen illustrations!

Here's also what's going to be in that 40-page long booklet. As he described it, it's actually "half development sketchbook and half comic book. I did what I could to pull out the stops for this one and spent a few weeks compiling a year's worth of sketches and comics all into one manual, yeah that's right I turned the manual into a limited edition comic/ sketch book, WHAT NOW!"

Well, it's your game after all.

via Super Meat Boy

Back