Super Smash Brawls ruins Wii?

wiinobi

WiiChat Member
Aug 12, 2009
Wii Online Code
7118-9835-6929-7387
is it true that Super Smash Brawls ruins the Wii?,i read in other forum and some1 was saying that this game ruins the Wii DVD drive bcause of the double layer of the DVD?

it's most definately not true. the person was likely just a smash hater trying to discourage you and others from playing a great game.

Although the Wii can utilize double-layer discs, all titles were single-layer prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. With the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo has admitted that some Wii systems may have trouble reading dual-layer discs due to a dirty laser lens. Nintendo repaired systems with dual-layer problems, and later released a disc cleaning kit for users to purchase.

Note that this is NOT ALL WIIS, that the problem lies in the Wii itself, and that no permanent damage is actually done. What this person you mentioned said was a total exaggeration. Brawl is NOT going to ruin your Wii.

More here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp

Wikipedia is awesome! :D

Last edited:
all this talk about ssbb ruining ur wii system is just bulls***!
honestly i dont see how a fun game u can play online can possibly damage ur wii system. i dont see how at all.

Last edited:
That person who said it is a smash hater.Dont see why he is,its a great game.

Running your 360 for hours on end is pushing your luck regardless of the game in there.

Hell my 360 stop reading games directly after beating Half-Life 2. Only had it for about two and half months and was bought brand new for $199 (Arcade). I've still got my Wii system which has lasted 2X longer (6 Months) than the so called powerful 360. My system plays both my Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy just fine which are both Dual Layer. Plus why would Nintendo continue to sell a game that corrupts the system in the first place?

(All written using the Nintendo Wii Console)

Back