surge?

neomia

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2011
biloxi
i just got a wii for Christmas. It has worked just fine and we are very happy with it. Then we had a breaker throw in the breaker box. My wii was on a surge protector along with the dvd player and tv. Everything works just fine except for the wii. Is it the sudden stop or start of power that knocked it out? Is my wii fried? what can i do? how can we prevent this in the case of a power outage?

You can try unplugging the power cord from the wall, and disconnecting it from the back of the console. Wait five seconds, than plug it back in. I have heard this would work. :p Best of luck to you.

Also, my Wii is not plugged into a surge protector, though it should be. If to much power is sucked, the breaker flips, and I have to flip it to get everything turned back in. Pretty much if I run anything, while the micro wave is running, I will lose power. While this has never happened to my Wii (Knock On Wood) it has happened more than a few times on my PS3, and so far nothing is wrong with the PS3. Best of luck to you, sorry about your poor little Wii.

Back