smart strip power strip out that protects Wii systems

kathy2506

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2010
queens, ny
Hey fellow Wii gamers, Im letting everyone know that there is a surge protector called the Smart Strip Power Strip made that stops the laser on your Wii system from burning out. This avoids you from having to buy another game system with in 3 to 4 years.. I believe its from bits limited. Here is the website http://www.bitsltd.net The smart strip is designed to turn off your Wii automatically when you are finished using it .

By having the system truly off when its not being used guarantees that you will not have your game system burn itself out from being constantly plugged in and left on standby. I have had mine for a couple of months now and I have to say not only does it protect my WII and playstation but it has lowered my electric bill $ . I wonder how much electricity these things use when they are just idling. EIther way I am happy and I just wanted to pass on my discovery for all Wii members out there. Let me know if anyone else has used this Smart Strip .

thanks for reading my post. Yes you are correct but by having it off when its not being used you save a ton of energy and prolong the life of your Wii system. To me it seems to be worth it for not having the convenience of having the Wii on standby. My Wii also receives all of the necessary updates when it is on while we are playing it. So I feel that when I have my TV off theres no purpose to having the Wii on standby.

No need for all that. Every outlet strip has a button on it. Press it off after you are done with the wii and it will be off.

Back