wii power problem

lunarskye

WiiChat Member
Feb 27, 2007
Today my wii started acting very strange and now theres nothing i can do with it at all. i was switching out a powerstrip and putting everything dealing with my entertainment center onto a power monitor strip i had purchased online. i got everything plugged in and began testing each component. everything worked except the wii. for some reason the wii came on with a red standby light. when i push the power or eject button...the wii's dvd drive lights up blue, the power button turns orange for a second and then everything powers off. i have to disconnect the power cable and reconnect it for the thing to come back on. i have tried everything, but maybe someone has another idea. i also have two power adapters, so i was able to swap them out to ensure it hadnt gone bad. please let me know if anyone has experienced these symptoms and found a home solution without dealing with nintendo. thanks.

Have you tried plugging the Wii straight into the wall?

I'm not sure if the power adapter is like that of the 360 where it has surge protection, so Microsoft suggests you not plug it into a power strip.

yeah tried plugging it in everywhere. i guess its just something that nintendo has to fix. thanks

Back