Problems powering up

chook5831

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2009
I have had my wii since christmas and haven't had any noticeable problems. Went to play a game last night and could not get the wii console to power on. Looked up troubleshooting online and did everything they told me to do and it still won't power on. Anyone have any advice of what to do?

hey
i had this earlier today and i just unpluged it from the wall and it worked after this. Was the yellow/ red light thing on? Hope you sort it soon :)

Tommy94 has a good point, try unplugging the Wii's AC adapter from both the Wii system itself and the socket, and leave it unplugged for say, 30 minutes. If you plug everything back in, it should work. A lot of causes for this are power outtages/surges(lots of storms yesterday, so I wouldn't be suprised), or the AC adapter burning out.

Tommy94 has a good point, try unplugging the Wii's AC adapter from both the Wii system itself and the socket, and leave it unplugged for say, 30 minutes. If you plug everything back in, it should work. A lot of causes for this are power outtages/surges(lots of storms yesterday, so I wouldn't be suprised), or the AC adapter burning out.

Back