Swimming

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
Anybody here swim on a swim team or competitive team?

I swim on the Piranhas (local swim team) were we swim about 15 laps freestyle in a 25 yd. pool.

How about you?

I done my basic swimming awards you know the 25m and 500m and such, once tried out for a swimming gala but my oppotents where fish people, they looked liked humans but were actuly fish. . .

I still have my 200m badge lol :p Haven't been swimming for ages, probably a year or so ago.

XD i tried to swim once and instead i was laying on the floor of the ocean looking up at the lights (no i wasnt drwing =P)..i think its cause im fat

Sorry for major thread revival but I came back from my Yale meet yesterday night, so here are my times for strokes:

EDIT:

Sorry for the confusion, here's the edited list:

50 M Freestyle: 26 sec.
50 M Breaststroke: 30 sec.
50 M: Butterfly: 33 sec.
100 M IM: 1:17 minutes

Last edited:
I don't swim. I hate it. Since I wear hair gel I don't like people to see my hair down lol
I never have enjoyed swimming. Just doesn't appeal. Those times seem fast though

FR. said:
Sorry for major thread revival but I came back from my Yale meet yesterday night, so here are my times for strokes:

50 M Freestyle: 26:01:12
50 M Breaststroke: 3:00:76
50 M: Butterfly: 3:30:53
100 M IM: 1:17:08
Can you explain those timings (assuming that's what they are) because they seem a tad confusing.. looks like 50 m freestyle = 26 hours, 1 minute and 12 seconds :D don't undestand your concept. I'm a pretty good swimmer, though I only enjoy swimming in the sea, local pools are full of chavvies starting on everyone :sick:

I think those timings are in seconds, although I would have assumed hours, but... that's not right at all.

So, yes, swimming is something I can't do. I've been in a public pool like, four times, with my school, and I've never really liked it, this was in primary school. Usually, it's compulsory for everyone in high school now to swim, most schools have pools in Merseyside. I would dread the thought of this, if I wasn't a girl. Thank God I go to a girls' school with no pool, that's the first time you'd hear me say that.

The only job for my dad to do was teach his kids to swim, seeing as my mum is allergic to chlorine. My family aren't swimmers, all my family that were in the Navy are dead orrr... either my dad.

Yeah but i made a mistake, the first 00 is seconds, not minutes so don't get confused and think I suck at swimming. :)

I used to swim for this club but never actually stayed long enough to do any comps..

It was horrible, they put us all in one lane apart from one uber swimming kid who got his own lane, even though there was like 20 of us. Then when I started I was an okay swimmer, not particularly fast but I was in shape and could swim, but like we were all just thrown in together and expected to keep up with each other.

He'd tell us to do like 20 lengths backstroke then 20 lenths breaststroke or something then just leave us to it.. was horrible, so yeah.. I quit.

I do like to swim in the sea though, esp with a snorkel, tis nice ^_^

And in the summer when I go out with the jet ski and speed boat with the family I always end up swimming somewhere for some reason. I remember one year we had a dingy on th eback of the boat and one of our friends kids was in it and he'd fallen out so he was swimming to it when his leg got stuck in the rope and got tangled, we didn't realize this so my father went forward a little to straighten out the rope, well it just pulled him down under the water, so I jumped and dived in swam down and untangled him. Rach to the rescue ^_^

Back