System Shortage, OK...but Controllers??

Sephy

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Chicago
Wii Online Code
3630-5830-1283-1176
I understand the shortage of the console itself. That is a lot of making going on, and they are doing a good job of getting them out.

But the controllers? Come on! For a system that is so multi-player friendly (and in my opinion, focused) they should have more controllers available. The pack-in game, Wii Sports, is fun for 10 minutes by yourself. Sure, some of the games you can pass the Wiimote back and forth. But, in all of their promotions and TV spots, you see a family, or a group of friends having a blast. All of them have their own Wiimote. And most games, each person needs their own anyway.

I was #18 in line the day it was released. The store have 22 Wiis available. The store I was at was completely sold out of controllers by the time person #4 was able to buy their Wii.

I have gone store to store is search of just 1 Wiimote. Nope. I just called a Game Stop that is receiving a shipment today. They said they didn't know if any were in that shipment. What they did know was that people were hanging around in the store just waiting for the shipment to arrive in hopes of being able to nab some accessories for the thing. Another store I called said they got Wiis today, but no controllers came in.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

Yeah whats wrong is that people are buying a bunch of wiimotes. I bet eventually someday we'll have systems with 6-8 players on it, and it'll be even harder to find controllers then.

the only place I check for Wiimote is Walmart because from there I'm saving 10 bucks, the other place I know that always seems to have at least one in is Shopko (a wisconsin chain store)

Sephy said:
I understand the shortage of the console itself. That is a lot of making going on, and they are doing a good job of getting them out.

But the controllers? Come on! For a system that is so multi-player friendly (and in my opinion, focused) they should have more controllers available. The pack-in game, Wii Sports, is fun for 10 minutes by yourself. Sure, some of the games you can pass the Wiimote back and forth. But, in all of their promotions and TV spots, you see a family, or a group of friends having a blast. All of them have their own Wiimote. And most games, each person needs their own anyway.

I was #18 in line the day it was released. The store have 22 Wiis available. The store I was at was completely sold out of controllers by the time person #4 was able to buy their Wii.

I have gone store to store is search of just 1 Wiimote. Nope. I just called a Game Stop that is receiving a shipment today. They said they didn't know if any were in that shipment. What they did know was that people were hanging around in the store just waiting for the shipment to arrive in hopes of being able to nab some accessories for the thing. Another store I called said they got Wiis today, but no controllers came in.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

Hey what store were you at. I see you live in Chicago. Was this store in orland by chance cus I was # 8 in line

brejcha said:
Hey what store were you at. I see you live in Chicago. Was this store in orland by chance cus I was # 8 in line

I was at Circuit City in Skokie.

we got plenty in Los Angeles! at target, EBgames, and Bestbuy

id get one but i think there to expensive $39.99 for the Remote
and an extra $19.99 for the Nunchunk?

We got plenty here in Los Angeles!

i'd get one but I think there to expensive $39.99 for a Remote
and an extra $19.99 for the Nunchunk wow:wtf:

fiveryanfrenzy said:
might be cheap considering the technology inside it

he has a point. The gamecube controller was £25. You got buttons, two analogue sticks, some shoulder buttons, oh and a rumble. Now (same price for wiimote on its own) you're getting movement sensing, speaker, 6kb memory, etc.... Dont forget that the nunchuk had motion sensing too- thats why they are so expensive.

Sorry about spelling mistakes- it is 1am!

i would tell you where to get them for discounted price... but i'd have to kill you >< muahahaha

sure I wouldnt mind dying for saving a few bucks on a contorller

The reason there are a shortage of Wiimotes is the same reason that there is a shortage of Wii's: The factories can't make them instantly. There were (supposedly) 1,000,000 Wii's on US release day (forgive me if that number is wrong). Nintendo has had all their factories making nothing but Wii's for the last 6 months. It's not their fault.

our toys r us just restocked, i grabbed $220 worth of accessories hehe

3 wiimotes
3 nunchucks
and a classic controller

Yeah Im pissed off since I want to play Tennis on multplayer mode and I want to play Golden Axe with my friend.
And EB game didn't get the remotes in so now I have to look for them. I hate Ebay its the main reason its so hard to find things for these systems since people buy the stuff just to sell on Ebay.

Back