The Sport of Gaming

yeah....gaming is a sport...cause it involves mental training....and....uh....i think thats it....:lol:

I would never consider gaming as a sport due to the fact that most of the time all your doing is flicking your fingers to move a character, which to be honest doesn't take much skill. In my opinion sports should actually take physical skill etc. However, in a sense I'm not surprised that people call it a sport. This is solely due to the fact that some people will even consider poker a sport....

Definition of Sport: An athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Gaming requires skill and is competitive =/ so I think that they should make gaming a sport

Sure gaming may be competitive and or take skill in some cases however to consider it a sport is going to far. I for one hope that gamin is never considered a sport. Seeing as it takes no physical effort whatsoever other than a flick of your thumb. Sorry that's just my opinion.

no, gaming is a hobby not a sport..........it can be conpetative and all but i will never considere it a sport until they put it in the olympics

Haha, well the closest you get to gaming being a sport is with Wii Sports, but besides that I agree with Zapasant, it is a hobby.

Some games do require intense thinking like in Korea they have huge gaming events on Starcraft and the pros can issue like 100 commands a minute.

(I might have some facts wrong because i remember it off of a tv show)

I really don't consider gaming as a sport. It can classified as a hobby than as a sport on its own. But then again, that is just my opinion, so it may differ from what other members feel about it. :)

konomaroh said:
Some games do require intense thinking like in Korea they have huge gaming events on Starcraft and the pros can issue like 100 commands a minute.

(I might have some facts wrong because i remember it off of a tv show)

Wasn't that the game where someone spent so many consecutive hours on that game they died of sleep deprivation?

Imo its like golf, billiards, darts, or bowling. They are all skills, there is nothing physical about them.

Back