"The system files are corrupted..."

copy all your stuff over to an sd card if you can then format the memory. it sounds like you got a bad update, which can happen over wireless, when a few bits are missing on the update. id try that before you did any of the above. and if you end up doing the above, id try to do number 2 for sure.

naw i got the problem before i ever updated it, its a common problem with some of the harddrives...and if you send yours in or bring it into a nintendo location they will backup your files for you

yeah i already brought mine into nintendo, they gave me a new one, updated it, backed up the files, and gave me an extra year warrenty with 4 months of nintendo power for free

haha yeah the guy lookin at my wii was laughing so hard at my miis that my friend made, theres like this gorilla woman, an upside down face woman named "Doooouuuuchhhheee" and i got a hitler and some other ones and hes like telling me about all the retarded miis hes got on his wii and we were talkin about gaming for like half an hour, seems like a godly job to me :p

haha no doubt. thats an awesome job. id love to have a job in gaming. i wish ida gone to school for game design actually. but ill stick to networking i guess.

yeaaa i took a semester in computer information technology a few months ago at the british columbia institute of technology so i could get into work like that, but it really made me hate programming and i said "screw this i cant do another 3 semesters of this, especially when this was the easy semester" so i dropped out and now im just working full time XD

Nobody mentioned if the problem was on a game that was copied or downloaded. I've seen a few of those problems. I have yet to see one storebought game give that error. Also if you do backup your own games don't and I repeat don't put sticker dvd labels on them. It makes the disk too thick and scratches the backup in a short time just ejecting and inserting.

I just got that error from a storebought game. I don't really know what happened, but that was the only time I've seen that error. The system was off, and I hit eject disc (I had a game in it, and I wanted to play a different one.) I put the new disc in, and strangely enough, my system didn't turn on after inserting the disc. I hit the Power button on the Wiimote, and same thing. It stayed idle. So I hit the power button on the system, and it gave me that error every time, even after powering it off or resetting it.

After a couple minutes (and looking up the problem on google), I decided to test something. I ejected the disc, and turned it on. It worked fine. I could play my games, and even after resetting and powering off, no error. However, the game that caused it won't play, but its not giving me that error either.

Anyway, that's my experience with the error. I still don't know exactly what caused it. (It's never given me any problems in the past.)

Back