The Wii2

Actually that Z Camera stuff is Sony not Nintendo.

There's already been threads about it

Edit: My bad, this is something else. Any console will be able to use this, I don't think Nintendo will have it to themselves, assuming they use this next time.

Last edited:
The new Eyetoy for PS3 should be almost identicla to this, its already been posted..

Probably hit alot of the consoles next gen as part of the standard for game play. Wii has proven adding more buttons doesn't help a console lol.

This style play has its downfalls aswell though. Limited by space, obstructions, ect. but very cool indeed would add to any gaming experience.
Using it as the only way to play games though, I'm not sure if it would fly in the console environment.

Last edited:
all i have to say is wow :yikes: that looks very fun, but i wonder how they would use that for other sports such as football or basketball.

Yeah there has been some stuff about it, but if Wii 2 (or whatever the next Nintendo console is) doesn't use this, expect some sort of movement based interaction in the games. Its the next step, and I hope they do something along those lines.

Hmm...
While this certainly looks awesome, and seems to work pretty darn well, it is actually more LIMITED than the wii-mote, because the wiimote still has buttons which your hand does not, and the point/click functionality doesn't exactly translate well to trying to use your finger instead.
It's no surprise they used a boxing sim to show off the tech, because there's probably few other things that would be really useful for it!
I'm sure some crafty developers will come up with some other neat game ideas, but all in all it seems pretty limited. I mean, you can flip through files with your finger and swing your arms in real time....ok...now how bout controlling a character like Link or Samus in an adventure game, or playing SSBB, or a racing game, or a....well anything else really! Quite limited. :(
I'd be willing to box all day on that thing though...

wezeles said:
The new Eyetoy for PS3 should be almost identicla to this, its already been posted..

Probably hit alot of the consoles next gen as part of the standard for game play. Wii has proven adding more buttons doesn't help a console lol.

This style play has its downfalls aswell though. Limited by space, obstructions, ect. but very cool indeed would add to any gaming experience.
Using it as the only way to play games though, I'm not sure if it would fly in the console environment.

Well, no one added extra buttons :p

PS2 and PS3 remotes are the same, same with xbox except they repositioned two of the buttons to go up top.

But I do agree adding more buttons doesn't actualy help a console. But a developer who can make controls easy is fewer buttons is great. I think SSBB show that nicely because of their simple controls yet its not to the point where there isn't variety.

Also developers became smart and started using the D-pad as a kind of shortcut for things. Like in Zelda you used it to pick a item and in call of duty you use it to use night vision and call in air support, etc.

Back