Tony Hawk

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Howcome wii-goers have to play the downhill jam game? Why not just pick up Project 8? I was looking forward to a regular TH game and saw Project 8 for PS3 and 360 and was psyched for the wii release, but we gotta get some downhill race game?

I've heard it's a fun and fast game. To tell the truth though, I think the Tony Hawk games have been pretty stale for a while; better graphics each time, but only a few more moves and whatnot. Perhaps this game will be a breath of fresh air.

I think, with the game play mode, it is better to choose excite truck instead

uhh I was never a fan of Tony Hawk and his games...most seem terrible to me! I did hear from Matt at IGN it was really fun....I may rent it....

ya, I loved the first and 2nd tony hawk for n64 but after that they became to much, found that really skating was more fun even though i suck :p

does downhill jam remind anyone else of tony hawk 1 for ps1? i know that it wasent a race game but dont you rember all the levels were usualy set so that u could only go forward and you had to get it all done in 2 minutes. anyways just curious if anyone else agrees with me.

Well, it's probably because of the new controller. I mean can you imagine playing a regular Tony Hawks game with the Wii controller? First time you do a 360 spin, the wiimote would be flung across the room! Also, looking at the videos of Downhill Jam, and it doesn't look too bad. Although I think if they wanted to, they could probably bring out Project 8 for the Wii, but use the Gamecube controller.

Click Here for an interview
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1HCumINDA[/media]
Tony Hawks Downhill Jam will become a new franchise, we will be making more sequels
- So don't worry if you're just afraid that it will be one of those sideline games that spawns of the main series and immediately dies.

Last edited:
Yeah , THDJ looks pretty cool , yet the GFX can improve.

I'd just rather prefer the reality... I'd always love THAW cuz of the limitless street skateing and player customability... But now, you have just one way to go, down, and they show rather novel characters (a ballerina?), and locations(come on, jungle racing??). I'd just rather appreciate a good street skating game...racings not my thing

I never liked Tony Hawk games but now that it has changed to racing I might get it. It looks fun but I will first wait for reviews to see how good the game is.

Back