Tony hawks Downhill Jam

xxwiiwiifanxx

«Wiilicious»
Oct 16, 2006
Wii Online Code
5411-7888-6352-8898
Wut do u guys think about this one? so far from wut ive seen it looks realy fun...but i wanna hear from yall...so do ur thing!

but tha thing is i luv n hate renting things, because if i do like it alot i get attached, and end up not wanting to take it back, but u kno if its not good of course ill have no prolem takin it bak, n i jus have a good feeling bout this game

One of the first graders I tutor asked for this game along with a Wii on his Christmas list.

I told him I got a Wii, and he gave me a mean look. :lol:

i never buy tony hawk game right a way, since the last 3 or 4 have been the same exact thing. but this one might "feel" different.

Cap'n Crunch said:
i never buy tony hawk game right a way, since the last 3 or 4 have been the same exact thing. but this one might "feel" different.

its is differnet then last "3 or 4"
in the last ones you just skate around
but this I think is more of a Racing Game

Coming from first hand experiance with it.. It's alot of fun.. Once you learn the controls you can really skate around, it's hard to steer.. thats the only bad thing about it.. Once you get used to the steering a bit more Burt-Slides come in handy doing hairpin turns :)

Wishale said:
Coming from first hand experiance with it.. It's alot of fun.. Once you learn the controls you can really skate around, it's hard to steer.. thats the only bad thing about it.. Once you get used to the steering a bit more Burt-Slides come in handy doing hairpin turns :)
I dont find the turning difficult at all. It's like the ssx series on sk8boards. it was rather easy though. i beat it and got every board in about 4 days:(. But for the multiplayer "battle factor" alone, i say it's worth the buy.

I own every major console tony hawk game to date( thps1, thps2, thps3, thps4, thug1, thug2, thaw, thdj).
(project 8, thug2 remix and thps2X are all for systems i dont own:(). And this one has to be one of the better ones in the series.

Note: This is apparently the first wii game to connect with the ds version of the game.

Rent it!

It's a so-so game but not hard to beat

It's sort of fun as you can grind down 2/3 of most courses if you know what you're doing but I don't know...

Besides the Downhill theme and the controllers it reminds me of the PS2 a lot... gameplay is just as dull

ilovemywii said:
its is differnet then last "3 or 4"
in the last ones you just skate around
but this I think is more of a Racing Game
yes it is a racing game, but they say its the same tricks and all, just downhill:prrr:

This game is a lot different then the other tony hawk games. It is mainly just races instead of high scores and stuff like that. The only real character is Tony Hawk. The other characters are just made up people with odd personalities. I'm planning on getting this game when I get the Wii, but I know a lot about it because I've done a lot of research. The tricks are oversimplified and you can land a lot more tricks than you should be able to. For instance, you won't fall if you end a grab trick a little too close to the ground, unlike the other Tony Hawk games -- you will go down.

No, that's not true. They also have Downhill Jam on the DS and on Gameboy Advance, but as far as 3rd-gen video games it is exclusive.

EK987 said:
This game is a lot different then the other tony hawk games. It is mainly just races instead of high scores and stuff like that. The only real character is Tony Hawk. The other characters are just made up people with odd personalities. I'm planning on getting this game when I get the Wii, but I know a lot about it because I've done a lot of research. The tricks are oversimplified and you can land a lot more tricks than you should be able to. For instance, you won't fall if you end a grab trick a little too close to the ground, unlike the other Tony Hawk games -- you will go down.
Yeah, the tricks are WAY oversimplified...that's what I liked about the other games...having to have skill to pull off big combos. I personally think it sucks...I love the other ones, though.

I bought it, played it once, and sold it on ebay for retail.

it's true about how you can land almost everything. The better you land the more speed you'll retain/gain then if you would land facing perpendicular to the track

I'm telling you though it's realy just griding from one wall, to a roof, to a power line, to a bus, to the sidewalk... (on and on and on)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam is the most addictive game I've ever played on the DS, next to Tony Hawk's American Sk8land... but I'm not sure how the Wii version is. I assume it's just as fun and addictive, but with better controls, better graphics, and a deeper experience.

Back