Trauma Center Second Opinion review

autobot

WiiChat Member
Apr 10, 2007
Scalpel... Scalpel. Suction... Suction. Wiimote... Wii... wait, what?

Perhaps if you're new to the Wii scene, you've completely missed out on this title. Then again, if you've been following the Wii for sometime, you've probably heard something about it in all your gaming travels.

For some people this game might not seem like the kind of thing they'd be interested in. Other people might have tried this on the DS and so far I think it's probably pretty well accepted as a super fun, albeit killer difficult at times, game to play.

Place yourself in the role of a 26 year old prodigal surgeon who just happens to have really sloppy work habits. Perhaps not the most believable plot on the face of the planet but the story is about as fun as any japanimation driven cartoon.

Where this game really shines is in it's play mechanics. Using the precision of the wiimote to do things like sewing people up, removing huge shards of glass from internal organs or administer shock paddles is probably a hell of a lot more fun in a videogame than it is in real life.

There are variable difficulties in this game and I'm comfortable sitting around the easy to normal setting. To be honest, I'm rather scared to try the hard difficulty as I just don't feel that skilled at this point.

Doing things like sewing people up is a lot of fun because you're encouraged to do things quick and neat. In the life of a doctor, time isn't money, it's the difference between life and death. In the game however, time is the difference between a good score and a bad score. Mess up too often however and you'll find that death becomes a problem too.

There is a bit of a learning curve involved in this game and it takes a fair bit of memory to proceed. If you're quick to forget which tools do what, you'll soon learn you're going to need some practice before you make it to the next chapter. For some people this will be no problem, for others you may find yourself at an impossible situation scratching your head or worse getting pissed of at the sudden spike in difficulty.

The good thing about what I just mentioned is that if you do the steps accordingly, you'll find that it doesn't so much require insane speed as just watching your steps and remembering ALL the tools you have at your disposal.

Using the tools in the game makes a lot of sense once you're familiar with the proceedures and after some serious repeats you'll find yourself breezing through to the next chapter.

There is a lot of diversity in the game thanks to the introduction of new diseases and plot twists straight out of a 1970's demonic horror. Sound out of place? Sure it does, but this is a japanese anime style game, so anything's possible.

There are points in the dialogue where you'll probably find youself cursing the main character's ignorance and stupidity however in hindsight it's laughable most of the time and usually pretty entertaining.

To summarize everything here I'd say this game is a must buy for people who enjoy fiddling with things and seeing a result. It takes a steady hand to progress and I can see it getting insanely difficult at times for a lot of people. All in all the game is well presented, entertaining and rarely ever dull.

This is certainly a game I'd suggest sinking a good amount of time into. Replaying chapters offers a lot of replay as it never feels like a chore the second time through.

Caid autobot.

Last edited:
I got Trauma Center a couple of weeks ago and i think that review is spot on. I've completed it on easy, normal and most of the hard levels except for the final few. I get nowhere on the extreme GUILT levels though. I found it to be very addictive and it does have a good learning curve at the start as long as you can remember the proceedures. It gets harder when you start on the GUILT but the only one that really troubled me was the Triti (didnt take long to figure it out though and it is quite easy with the healing touch).

I did curse at some of the dialogue (the lab guy annoys me a lot) but luckily you can skip straight to the operations after you've done them once.

Trauma Center seems to be overlooked by most people and it can be quite rare to find in stores too. I think its a great game and it wouldn't work on any other console but the Wii.

Great review autobot! I gave you rep. I love this game even tho I always have trouble making the initial cut, I've got frustrated and killed patients trying it, but once I'm in I work really swift and clean. Any tips on making that first cut?

You've really got to make sure your hand is steady and you follow the line. Still, I have never ended up killing anyone over the first incision lol

Guinness said:
Great review autobot! I gave you rep. I love this game even tho I always have trouble making the initial cut, I've got frustrated and killed patients trying it, but once I'm in I work really swift and clean. Any tips on making that first cut?
I find its easier to make the cut if you do it quickly in the direction of the line rather than slowly trying to follow the line exactly. I get 'cool' every time that way.

anyone know when this is cominig out in the U.K?? i just know i'll love it! :D

I've been wanting to get this game ever since i got the wii.... and now thanks to your review Autobot, I will def. get it. It sounds awesome... I haven't been able to find it though.. i guess i will need to get it online. :smilewinkgrin:

While Trauma Center might not be for everyone i found it quite addictive and it is a game that could only be done on the Wii.

yeah, this games pretty fun, I rented it a day ago... btw, does anybody know how many chapters are in this game?

Back