Update Wii without internet

Jack_Ace

WiiChat Member
Mar 1, 2010
I have no wifi so i haven't got my wii connected to internet.
I bought a new game that doesn't work on my current wii with firmware 3.4

I wonder if it's possible to update my wii to a newer firmware offline? What game is out there with the newest upgrade in it?
I have the pal version

The cheapest way i can think of since you don't have wi-fi is to connect it via a ethernet cord. You can connect it via ethernet temporary and update wii which you can then play the game you want. You don't have to keep it connected if you don't want to.

USB Ethernet Adapter

^^ This is what you need. Once you get that get your ethernet wire and connect to this device, this will go into back usb port of your wii, then you can update your wii! :)

Once you did that go

HERE

for a guide to connect to internet and also free wii points/game while you are connected ;)

or if theres a way to update with USB, that i don't know of.

Last edited:
Nice info general...:yesnod:. Im also have same problem with jack but how its work?

I dont get how you can get wii points for free

Nice info general...:yesnod:. Im also have same problem with jack but how its work?

If you don't have wireless router, then you will need the USB ethernet adapter. You you have Wireless internet, then you can connect it via wire-less no problem.

I am presumeing you don't, So i recommend you buy that above device, and connect your wii via ethernet wire. Ethernet wire is the one that goes in back of your router and to your PC or laptop. Use that wire to hook your wii up then update the Wii.

Back