Useful tips for Zelda's side quests.

autobot

WiiChat Member
Apr 10, 2007
I just thought I'd write down some more specific methods on Zelda's side quests (the ones I've done so far). If you also have some tips, please be specific about them as I've read enough of the gamespot type, unspecific hints to drive me nuts.

Fishing.

To catch the different types of fish in the fishing pool with the original rod, stand in different areas of the fishing pool. Go to the north end, fish. Go to the bridge with the small pool behind it, fish, go to the bank on the west side of the map, fish. Etc...

I've caught all the types of fish there and still can't catch the sinker lure. I don't really know what the "South east corner by the hut" means as the hut isn't really on the south east corner, it's more like on the south part of the map. Oh well...

Golden bugs.

This one's simple. Hunt at night. Some bugs are in the temples and most are outside. The ones outside are pretty easy to find for the most part although there are some which require you to use the clawshot or bombs to get to. Again, hunt at night as they're easily visible from great distances and remember to turn your volume up a bit to hear the twinkling noise they make. Also remember that all pairs are relatively close to eachother and when you catch one bug, you can check out the bug journal later to see which area you caught the first bug in.

Poe souls.

This seems like the kind of side quest where a guide would make things easier although I'm the kind of guy who likes to do things on my own. Poes are everywhere. They're outside, in temples, in basements, you name it. Some are out in the open and some are quite cleverly hidden. There are also quite a few in areas you've already been to, although when you first went through, you didn't have perhaps the clawshot or the waterbombs or some other tool. Do some soul searching ... hehe, around the whole of hyrule to locate all 60 souls. Good luck.

That's about all the info I can offer at the moment as I've just woken up and my brain's working at about 20%. If anyone can be a bit more specific about the sinker lure's location I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance, and enjoy playing everyone.

Caid autobot

Back