VD-W3 Wii HDMI Upscaler Processor Review

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
Product Link: http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53

VD_W3_Wii_HDMI_U_4b93b0ee1aa65.png

The Wii, which already lacks HD support, needs a little boost to improve graphics. The VD-W3 Wii HDMI Upscaler Processor is made not only to improve graphics and overall performace, but also provides convenience and conversions for your system. Retailing at $59.00, the price for one is a bit hefty, but is it really worth the admission?

The items which come in the package are:
  1. Female DVI to Male HDMI Convertor
  2. HDMI Cable
  3. VD-W3 HDMI Upscaler Processor Unit

After obtaining the package, the unit was easy to unpackage and to install. Simply put, all you must do it connect the Upscaler Processor Unit to the Wii and connect the HDMI cable from the processor to the television or computer screen. It’s very quick and easy.

Female_DVI_to_Ma_4b937666a2589.png

Female DVI to Male HDMI Converter

I have a 50-inch television which sports an HDMI port, so there was no need to the use the converter. The DVI to HDMI Converter is there if and whenever a person would like to hook it up to their computer screen. The cable and the converter are very sturdy and built with the best quality.

The unit itself is about 6 inches by 4 and is very light, so you should not have any problems with storing it.

How is the quality of the image?

Previously, I had been using composite cables to direct the images to the television screen. After installing this package, I found the games to be sharper and clearer, but not by much. This is not necessarily the product’s fault, as many of the Wii games were designed specifically for composite support, but the leap from composite to this is not as large as let’s say, from composite to HDMI on a system like the 360 or PS3.

The HDMI support really depends on each video game. If a game was designed for better graphics, such as Zelda or Metroid Prime, they tend to look better with this processor. Third party titles on the other hand do not improve, as it was the developer’s decision to make the game so. It varys from game to game. One could improve better than others.

The product does what it says and it works very well. For the price of $59.00, it is worth the admission if and only if you're looking to make games sharper and clearer. Otherwise, it would be best to skip this product if you're expecting huge leaps.

Overall Score: 8/10

Last edited:
Hello all..hope you all are fine..i am new to this forum. [Edit] Actually that isn't true. This account belongs to a forum spammer from India. That is until it was taken over by Random Digilante.

Last edited:
Back