Virtual Console Release Schedule - Is there one?

Chewie

}GHS{Chewie
Jan 17, 2007
South of Seattle
Does anyone know if there is any sort of a schedule, to what seems completely random choices on the part of Nintendo, for older/classic games to be released to the Virtual Console?

Secondly, is anyone else as completely perplexed/underwhelmed with the choices of the past few weeks.

Case in point, it has been almost six months now and they have released a total of four N64 games.

Well, so yea, like mama used to always say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all..." Which is how I am left feeling when someone talks to me about the games thus far released to the Virtual Console.

-Chewie

well, the only real schedule is that they release (on average) is 3-4 games a week on monday in the u.s. and on friday in the u.k. If you watch the esrb website ( http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp ) you may be able to see a few of your favorite classic games coming to wii which means they are going to the vc.

It would be very financially unprudent for nintendo to release a schedule. You'd just wait for the games you want instead of spending money to try out games you hear are good. I don't think they'll release a schedule ever. They've stated they are shooting for one N64 game a month. That's really all we know.

Skorp said:
It would be very financially unprudent for nintendo to release a schedule. You'd just wait for the games you want instead of spending money to try out games you hear are good. I don't think they'll release a schedule ever. They've stated they are shooting for one N64 game a month. That's really all we know.

Yes, you pretty much said what I have suspected from the beginning, which is to say, that most people out there are impulse buyers and will buy games (even unwanted VC games) when they buy VC points and have them just laying around. Then, when the games they really want come out, they will spend more money on more Wii points and buy those games on top of the lousy games they wish they had never bought but somehow got talked into.

And for the record, I think I've learned my lesson now. My little nostalgia trips down Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, and ExciteBike lane were maybe 30 minute affairs, respectively. For $15 bucks at least it wasn't a terribly expensive trip. :mad2:

-Chewie

Chewie said:
it wasn't a terribly expensive trip. :mad2:

-Chewie

Yeah I feel ya, I had the same experience with sonic. I've bought three games and everytime I buy one, there is something better of the same type that replaces it. If there was a schedule there is no way I'd have bought what I bought right now.

Well, another Monday and another disappointment. Castlevania is close but is still NO Metroid... Now there is a NES game for the VC that I would buy.

I guess I'll go sit down for another week and marinade in my own self-pity.

-Chewie

P.S. I'm loving Super Paper Mario. Never thought I would enjoy such a simple (GFX-wise) game.

Back