warm wii

bokeh

WiiChat Member
Sep 21, 2007
hello members!
first off i guess a formal intro..

i jus got my wii about a week ago and has had sore arms since then.. i was real hesitant on buying my wii cuz i was considering the 360... i actually had a 360 once before but i thought the games were "too hard" and online players kept spanking me... i pretty much gave up cuz i couldnt put in the time others had.. i needed somehting i could jump into and play... so the wii's great...

one main concern of mine is that the wii is pretty warm when "off"... i think from what ive been reading is that the unit doesnt really turn off... so i was thinking, since its on for only a couple hrs a day (at most), would it be "dumb" if i unplug it? or should i jus keep it on so it can get its updates and junk while being fake off???

thanks ahead of time!

unpluging it will stop it from getting warm or you could turn off the wii connect 24 which keeps it on to get updates but the wii being warm is nothing nintendo said that when its off and the wii connect is on it only needs a small amount of power i think it use the same amount as a light bulb

well my wii is on (or on standby) 24/7 , it does get warm when playing discs for instance but i think that mostly its ok cuz its in a cool spot and well aired so avoid cramming it into small spaces esp ontop of your tv and such .
The updates will be there when you switch on if u do unplug it when not in use as as long as u r connected u can perform an update from settings menu and as soon as u r back online ur messages should come through

hope thats some help

well i use my wii quite alot still even after 10 months now.

and one thing i can say nis my wii heats up quite abit every now and then and i never turn if fully off.

but im going to when i get enough money is buy one of those cooling fans of ebay (or from a shop) they aint to expensive and they do make a difference (i had one for my Ps2 and 360)

so i suggest you get one of them

hey thanks guys for such quick responces... i think i will keep mine unplugged..

THe Wii was designed to be able to be left in standby mode indefinitely (24 hours a day, which is why WiiConnect24 is named like that).

Hmmm that's a good point I guess... Anyone try that addon fan?

Back