wep key help! please!!!!!!!!!!!

wiiwillroc

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2007
I bought guitar hero 3 couple days ago and i need a wep key for Wi-FI.
I cant change it because you know folks might get mad but how do i figure it out?

Thanks!,

wiiwillroc:smilewinkgrin:

The "wep" key is whatever you have set it to be on your wireless router. If you have no wireless router then you need to either:
leech off of a nieghbor,
Buy a wireless router (need a pc to setup),
Buy a DS/Wii usb wireless network dongle,
Buy a l.a.n. adapter that plugs into the usb ports on your wii (requires a free ethernet cable)

This all may just be as confusing as "wep" to you, just ask further questions if so.

you can figure it out by asking ur parents duh lol

and if they dont know...

ill go in further details ~

i need to know ur router model though

Sometimes the WEP key is printed right on the router, so check your router to see if it's there.

manufan15 said:
Sometimes the WEP key is printed right on the router, so check your router to see if it's there.

Incorrect :S Wired Equivalent Privacy or Wireless Encryption Protocol is basically a password to stop randoms jacking it from vans/next door without your permission so I would highly doubt that it was written on the router as standard seeing as how it's up to the user to add a password.

What you need to do is go on the 'main' computer that is plugged into the router and then google "What is my ip" the first link will tell you that computers IP address, just copy that into the address bar and nothing else and hit enter.

This will bring up your router, it may ask for a password but not many people set it (I know we don't in my student house or at home, it's pointless) so just try hitting enter. When you get in look for an option that says WLAN, click that then click settings, somewhere on that list it should say "WEP" and a string of letters and numbers, this is the WEP key your game needs.

Taero said:
Incorrect :S Wired Equivalent Privacy or Wireless Encryption Protocol is basically a password to stop randoms jacking it from vans/next door without your permission so I would highly doubt that it was written on the router as standard seeing as how it's up to the user to add a password.

What you need to do is go on the 'main' computer that is plugged into the router and then google "What is my ip" the first link will tell you that computers IP address, just copy that into the address bar and nothing else and hit enter.

This will bring up your router, it may ask for a password but not many people set it (I know we don't in my student house or at home, it's pointless) so just try hitting enter. When you get in look for an option that says WLAN, click that then click settings, somewhere on that list it should say "WEP" and a string of letters and numbers, this is the WEP key your game needs.

Actually, most of the time the default wep key is on a label on the router.

FRuMMaGe said:
Actually, most of the time the default wep key is on a label on the router.

Thank you. Mine is printed right on it. You don't even need to do what he's talking about most of the time.

Back