What are all these Wii Numbers, Online Codes, ect ect. HELP!

D4L_Wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2007
Hello, now im new to Wii and just about to get one, but im wondering

What does ALL the numbers mean? Like Wii-Code, online code, usernames and all them numbers, what do they do? what can you do once you have them, do yo have to pay for them. Please tell me all about these members of the WiiChat!

Thanks in advance,
D4L_Wii

There are two types of codes. One type is a code embeded in a game, so you can play multiplayer with a person via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and the other type are console codes that let you message people via Wii Connect 24.
There are other things you can do with Wii Connect 24, like use the Forecast Channel, News Channel, Internet Channel, Wii Shop Channel, Everybody Votes Channel, Check Mii Out Channel, and an ability in the Mii Channel. Offline channels include The Photo Channel, and Mii Channel.

The online channels and online games have 2 requirements;
1. An Internet Connection
2. A Router or Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

If you have any questions, just let me know, I'll do my best to answer them.

Ok thanks for you help, so if i buy a game that i can use online, I can go online and if someone has that code i can play them in the same game?

Also, with this console code, how do i find it out or is it the "Online" code thats on the forum under our username. (Like yours is Wii Online Code: 8246-2463-9009-5471) and if i had yours and you had mine, and if we were both online, we can chat like msn messenger, aol, yahoo chat ect? and will people be able to see the conversation?

Also, if i have a normal wireless router (i have DLink) do i need to buy anything else for the wii to connect to these channels?

Thanks alot, im still new and need to learn,
D4L_Wii

1. Yes
2. Yes, but it's like E-Mail, not instant messsging, so no one else can see except you and whoever you message.
3. What is your router connected to?

Last edited:
My router is connected to broadband, does that matter? thats all i know at least, the router is wireless will that matter?

Thanks,
D4L_Wii

Thanks for helping, but what if you have security code attached onto your router (which i know so people wont get onto my net)??? will it have a part where i can type the code in?

Thanks,
D4L_Wii
The CrashSphere

Back