What do I need for DDR Hottest Party

CatahoulaB

WiiChat Member
Aug 12, 2007
I'm prordering DDR Hottest Party. Do I need more nunchuks (I have 2) or will 4 Wii remotes be enough? also the game comes with one mat. Do I need 4 mats? Oer is 1 enough for 4 people?
Thanks

Well I really don't know, but I'm going to get the game as well. I don't really want to use the nunchuck or the wii remote, but if you wanted to play 4 player with the wii remote and nunchuck, my guess is that you will need:

4 nunchucks, 4 wii remotes, and 4 matts. Expensive, I know. But if you have DDR: Mario Mix, then you can use that matt. That's what I have.

Thanks. The bottom line is; I don't even know the game. I'm new to gaming AND Wii.
Will I need to hook the nunchuks to the Wii remotes to play DDR?
Do I need 4 matts, or can 4 people play with 1 mat at the same time?

Since it isn't released yet and there haven't been any more reviews since July, nobody is positive about how to play.
But, like it has been said, the game will most likely come with one game. Which will most likely let you play multi-player with the one pad, like you do with current DDR games. My guess is that the pads will either be wireless, or connect to the joystick ports already on the Wii console (flip some of those doors).

Game play will require the chuck, 'mote, and pad. So, if you wanted 4 people to play, as stated above, you will need 4 sets of each.

October is still a couple of months away.

Ddr

It was confirmed at E3 that each player will use a mat and both the wiimote and the nunchuck. It did not say if you can toggle between pad only and pad plus wiimote and nunchuck, but that would be cool if you could.

Here's my question with the new DDR game. Can we use other dancepads. I have two pads with 3 connectors on the end which made it compatable with the xbox, the playstations and usb for pc connection. Will I be able to just buy the ps to gamecube converter and use my old dance pads?

BruceWii

Oh, and it also supports up to 4 player, and i beleive we will be able to play online.

Since there are only 2 USB connectors on the Wii, I am guessing that you have to use the old controller ports. I don't see the pads being bluetooth enabled, but that would be a nice touch.

Back