What do yall prefer for the Nintendo Wii connection?

J-Tizzle

Jounin Member
Jan 5, 2007
Michigan
Sup Wii owners! I have a major question for yall. What do you guys prefer to connect to the internet on the Wii, wireless or wired? You see, I have DSL SBC connection, 2WIRE. I am connected to the internet on the computer by that ethernet connection for it. I tried wireless for my Wii but that **** is slow ass hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waited 30 minutes just to get on the Wii shop channel! So I was wondering if wired would be any better.

J-Tizzle said:
Sup Wii owners! I have a major question for yall. What do you guys prefer to connect to the internet on the Wii, wireless or wired? You see, I have DSL SBC connection, 2WIRE. I am connected to the internet on the computer by that ethernet connection for it. I tried wireless for my Wii but that **** is slow ass hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waited 30 minutes just to get on the Wii shop channel! So I was wondering if wired would be any better.
Wireless will always be slower than wired.
A good example of this would be mine.
I have a 6mb connection, which is pretty fast, when wired.
But on my Wii, the wireless clocks a speed of about 2.4mb.

So, if your wired connection is decent/average...expect your wireless speed to be lower than average.

I have a 6mb connection too, and my wireless is 5.7mb, according to BroadbandReports.com, of course that was on a laptop, because the Wii doesnt support Java, and that is what is use at BroadbandReports.com.

My wireless router happens to be at 56MBs at average, it runs quite smoothly. But you know the saying, you get what you pay for.

Kamikaze said:
My wireless router happens to be at 56MBs at average, it runs quite smoothly. But you know the saying, you get what you pay for.
Really? Thats surprising. Whats your isp?

doug52 said:
put your router on channel 11

could work. mine didnt work on channel 11, so if channel 11 doesnt work, try channel 1. thats wat i use and mine runs fast. didnt even change the SSID name or the WEP key.

Back