What is the big deal about Zelda? I'm pretty new to recent gaming

CoreyNJ

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
I got a Wii with Zelda on Ebay. I exchanged Zelda for Ultimate Alliance and then found this board when I had a problem setting up my Wii. I'm a big super hero fan. I havn't opened it yet so before I do explain to me why I should go back and get Zelda instead or another game.

BTW The only reason I actually went and bought the Wii was because of the controller so I really want something like Wii Sports to take avantage of it. I should also mention that I hate having to solve puzzles (do it all day at work) and more like action type stuff.

I also won't play car racing games because I actually race real race cars on the weekends so to me it would be a let down. A buddy of mine with an Xbox once tried to setup a car for me on his system configured just like my track car and no way did it feel even close to the real thing in how it handled. The only fun was smashing it up and not having a huge bill.

So help me understand before I open Ultimate Alliance if I did the right thing. I should also mention I can't spend any more money on my Wii till march/april (except for a composite cable) I promised my wife.

Thanks,
Corey

If you dont like puzzles - stick with ultimate alliance. Not U.A myslef but I have Zelda and am pretty under impressed with it. Can deffo say that Wii sports is a must have though!!

WuZeMu said:
Red steel. i gotta say it still looks good to me!
ya but you've never played it. Play Red Steel and any other good game, Red Steel will be ****.

U.A. is average, Zelda is amazing.
It would be very smart of you not to try Zelda:idea:

Zelda is a great series and if you felt a liet down with windwaker this will make you feel much better.
If you have never played a zelda game it is still good, but if you don't want puzzles or thinking to much I really wouldn't go with it until it is cheaper because even though it isn't hard it requires some thought.

ince you can not get another game for a while zelda would be good because it is very time consuming and I have not lost interest in it. It is a long game and if you have your friend whom you are racing to the end of the game with telling you you should go this way, I immediately think he is trying to screw me up so don't go that way. WHen it is the right way and I get there last it takes even more time.

I gave it a 8.5/10 jsut because I let the hupe get to big and was a bit dissapointed

Yeah agree zeld will take longer to get through but I reckon we are dealing with a dude who wants to mess about with the Wii cuz it looked cool - the best game for that right now (In my opinion) has to be Wii sports - its fun and social.

I have red steal, wii sports, Wii play, zelda and supermonkey ball bannana blitz... Wii sports is number 1 followed by red steal then zelda - but I have only given zelda about an hour and a half so far - I am stuck in the village cant seem to get any further?!?! think I need to catch a fish or something so I can buy a catapult, quite frustrating really!!

hey spider if you want some help on zelda but don't want to be yelled at to use the search on wiichat go to www.gamewalks.com and go to the wii walkthroughs and ask in the zlda thread i can help you there

If you want button bashing then UA is for you. If you want great story, in depth gameplay, problem solving (you've stated you don't), good noise (music), and some nostalgia (none for you as I'm suspecting this would be your first Zelda since you're asking this question), then Zelda is for you. Not saying that UA doesn't have some of those things [pause] ok I'm saying UA doesn't have most of those things as it's really a brainless button masher :). With all that said, sounds like UA is the way to go for you as Zelda takes some thought. It's not rocket science but much more than UA :thumbsup:.

Back