Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is your Review of The Conduit?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Andy247, Jun 26, 2009.

1. AoWFraggit

AoWFraggit WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8480-0209-2306-3955
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    i'm playing on a 50" samsung plasma, and i've been pretty disappointed with the visuals. sigh.

2. snurtle112

snurtle112 WiiChat Member

Game is a single layer DVD and the graphics even at 480P are not that great but hey its a wii game. Haven't gone online cause i have heard of the problem but the single player is awesome. It is in NO WAY comparable to halo 3 graphics.

3. vchizzle

vchizzle WiiChat Member

Seriously? The graphics are FAR better than any other Wii game in this genre. If you're not using component video cables with your HDTV, it would look like hell I'm sure. I can't believe anyone is compaining about the graphics, its one of the few things I have zero complaints about with this game.

4. snurtle112

All im saying is for the wii, the graphics are great but it is not on par with ANYTHING thats on the HD systems, and it shouldn't be. Its an unfair comparison. The reason i brought up halo was because someone in this thread SAID it had halo like graphics and it DOES NOT.

5. King of Pop

King of Pop Platinum Lord

Wii Friend Code: 1254-9433-9791-1069
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    great graphics but gameplay is decent. team objective over wifi is alotta fun

6. AoWFraggit

8480-0209-2306-3955
    i do use component cables on my plasma, but the game still appears somewhat pixelated. again, i feel that world at war looks and feels better overall.

first the disappointment with brawl's online, and now this...not to mention both games were delayed multiple times. if red steel 2 or monster hunter don't end up living to my expectations, that'll be strike three, and the wii is going up on ebay.

7. vchizzle

vchizzle WiiChat Member

I wasn't directing the comment toward you personally. There's no way, at 420p this game can technologically hit the quality of the other HD systems. Its just not physically possible. But for a Wii game, its the best I've encountered.

Odd, I don't see that at all. Your TV is 8" bigger than mine though. The graphics on the Conduit look much better for me. I think WaW game play seems smoother when using the zapper. I seem to have some issues on the Conduit with that. Maybe I need to tweak the controller settings more though.

8. Solanky

Solanky WiiChat Member

I think that the graphics are good, but they aren't mind blowing. For example, when I play this game I don't comment on how good they are, but I don't have any gripes with it if that makes sense to anyone who hasn't played the game.

9. snurtle112

Vchizzle, I agree it is probably thebest looking wii game IMO next to mario galaxy, and like i said you can't even compare non HD against HD systems, your right. I think SMG is1 of THE best games this gen if not THE best.

10. Kage848

Kage848 WiiChat Member

First of all the TV i have is 32in. I have been told the Wii dont look as good on the big TV's so maby thats why it dont look as good on your 50in. I am going to be having a game night over a friends house soon. He has a 50in TV, so im ganna bring my Wii over there and see whats what on that kind of TV.

This game is a great looking game no doubt but its not the same at all to the HD systems. But hey thats what you payed for. The reason the Wii is the cheapest is partly because of it not having HD built into it.

You knew buying a Wii you would not get the graphics of the other 2 HD systems so that argument is pointless. But as far as what i have seen on the Wii the games looks great on my 32in LCD.

11. AoWFraggit

8480-0209-2306-3955
    i realize that the wii isn't capable of producing HD-quality graphics, but the visuals of this title were glorified in interviews and press releases as being better than anything the wii had seen before. thus, i expected the title to at LEAST look as good as world at war, which has already been out for over half a year.

in no way am i bashing the wii; i'm just disappointed that the conduit didn't deliver what countless had promised.

oh, and a sprint feature online would have been nice, as well as being able to choose your weapon at the start. sigh.

12. Ryu.27

Ryu.27 SHIN-SHORYUKEN!

Wii Friend Code: 4528-4182-4369-8205
    4528-4182-4369-8205
    Thats pretty much what I was going to say. Don't get me wrong, The Conduit is great & all but every thing was just better in CoD. Weapons, maps, perks, and unlockables made CoD better than TC in my opinion.
    Oh and as Fraggit also said..."oh, and a sprint feature online would have been nice, as well as being able to choose your weapon at the start. sigh."

13. rihopo2

rihopo2 WiiChat Member

the online is pretty good, and what you said about being to choose your weapon at the start, I totally agree. I really like the SCAR weapon, but I hardly ever have it, and when I finaly find it, I never get any kills with it. It be nice IF I could just start with it.... THe near/far weapons is the only one that lets you start with it, but that is rarely ever voted for. Also, it's not really the same as you choosing the weapon because everyone else will have it too. The black screen bug is also pretty annoying. I think that 8/10 is a pretty good rating for this game. If they can fix the bugs, I'll give it an 8.5/10.

14. RivalDestiny

RivalDestiny WiiChat Member
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 0409-5781-9484-0073
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Rented it this afternoon and the game is lacking. It's your typical shooter with online modes that are extremely limited.

15. SiLeNt1

SiLeNt1 WiiChat Member

it was me who said the graphics for this game is better than HALO.... :p

[​IMG]

^^^HALO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^THE CONDUIT

i prefer the graphics on the conduit over the halo...also...gameplay is very similar....IMO....came pretty damn good for a wii game

the controls are almost perfect once u set them right...default settings are lame :(

good solid game for the wii....

#35 SiLeNt1, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  16. AoWFraggit

8480-0209-2306-3955
    ^^^ epic fail ^^^

/facepalm

17. SiLeNt1

SiLeNt1 WiiChat Member

hahhaha...fixed it... :p

18. Solanky

Solanky WiiChat Member

the game is a pretty standard shooter, it's just that the Wii controls enhance the experience in my opinion. Plus we have to buy all these original titles otherwise we won't see any new ones. I do not want the Wii to turn into the Gamecube.

19. gpwasr10

gpwasr10 WiiChat Member

I like it, I even like the single player mode, but I am a bit of a conspiracy X Files type guy. I have yet tot ry the multiplayer online yet....

20. rihopo2

rihopo2 WiiChat Member

I think the particle effects are better in halo, like the blood spatter that's on the floor in the halo screen shot you put up. either way, I don't care that much about the graphics as I have a regular tv(not HD). Too me, the conduit graphics are excellent when you consider it's a wii game.