whats new?

WiiMario

1337 PWN3R
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Ireland
i got a wii...and well lately im not playing it..i only have wii sports and the godfather...theyre both pretty good games...
what good shooters like war shooters are coming out soon and when will online gaming come out ...like call of duty online with a wii wud be immense!!!!...
so what good games are coming out and what online gaming is going to be happening
thanks!

First online game for Europe [Ireland is in europe] is Mario Strikers
It's the sequal to Mario Football and features online play

As for War Games I don't know, Have you considered a 360. They are good for Online FPS games

yea but i prefer the wii...its more fun...well like its not just fps...im not a massive gamer...but i like the odd we game..but i love it online....im really looking forward to dave mirra n super smash bros brawl coming out!....i also like magicy games if you get me like wow.n final fantasy n stuff...
im more wanting to play online...

If you like FPS on the Wii, then why not try Red Steel? Its a great game. And as for racing, Excite Truck should quench your thirst.

I wouldn't go as far to say that Red Steel is a great game, but i would say it is a good game. It just hasn't really done anything new or innovative in my opinion.

Playing it was pretty good for one reason, as it did demonstrate what the control system on the Wii was capable of, however it was completely uninspired as a game and generic in every way possible. Had it not been for the use of the remote control and nunchuck then i would have thought it a very bland FPS.

Just imagine playing Red Steel without the remotes unique qualities, its would be completely unfulfilling in every way possible. Its a bit of a Frey Bentos pie, it feeds you but you know a Steak Dinner would make you much fuller and happier.

Its also a very linear game, which isn't always a bad thing in a game if pulled off well. For example FEAR on the PC is very linear however it can get away with it due to the atmosphere and tension created in the game by the drip fed plot line, brilliant cut scenes and intense battle with enemies and your feelings of terror while playing. Red Steel by comparison has none of those emotive qualities and seems bland.

It just didn't gel with me and seemed just a little repetitive in some places, another criticism is that its far too easy as a game which makes it unrewarding as i for one got no sense of achievement when playing the game.

There is way too much ammo & body Armour available to the player in the game, its almost impossible to get killed in a gun fight as you can just duck behind cover or back off to another room you have previously cleared.......at which point your health bar will very, very rapidly fill back up.

Its nothing to do with graphics or audio, the game in general seems very rushed as Ubi were obviously struggling to get it out as a launch title.

While its not a bad game as such in my opinion, its also not a great game either. A very mediocre effort, that did however show what the Wii's uniqueness was capable of. Maybe Red Steel 2 will be implemented in a better fashion........i for one hope so.

Its worth buying and is fairly entertaining, but i just would expect fireworks from the game as it doesn't re-define what in a cross platform perspective has become an overcrowded and tired genre.

Frankly there isn't an amazingly great FPS on the Wii, they are all acceptable. But once developers take the time to implement the Wii's abilities properly and merge it with an original concept then we should see some very interesting things, give it another year or two.

i think star wars wud be a good one for the wii mote...u got a Dpad...2 buttons...sensor for some light saber fun!

Back