Whats up with Mario and Music Notes

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
I was playing Galaxy and I talk to Toad, and he says Ahh! I can't wait [music note]. Where one would expect an exclamation mark, insead there is a music note when he is definatly not singing. Then I started thinking of other Nintendo games with music notes like the bouncy blocks since NES. Or, if you hit a bannana peel in Mario Go Kart 64 and quickly press be you will avoid spinning out and a music note appears. I remeber thinking what does a music note have to do with anything? I find myself asking the same question again. Has anyone else noticed this maybe in a different game? Could it be that they're so Japanese that they don't know what makes sense in english?

it's like happiness. thats what it means to me. its probably more common in japan too. and you know what, that would make sense. japanese gamers arent too fond of online games, they think its like impersonal to not sit with the people youre playing, so tht could also say why nintendos online is not top notch although its deff getting better

i always figured it was like whistleing. like you said with the banana peel, if you dont spin out, a music note appears like "[Whistile] that was close" sort of way.

Back