When will the next Opera release come out?

KillerQ

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2007
Hey all,

I am surprised I haven't seen this asked anywhere else (unless search didn't work correctly)....

Are there any plans for an updated release for the Opera browser on the Wii? Also, is there a way to check for updates manually through the wii/opera browser?

Thanks in advance,

Matt!

Not that anyone knows of yet.
But it is possible that Nintnedo will release an updates version of the Opera channel with a new flash player.

An updated version of the Flash player is dependant on Adobe releasing an updated Flash SDK.

Opera have been quoted saying that they are planning to create an updated version of the wii browser however it may be some time before it is released. They won't be releasing software updates like they do with their Windows browser. My guess is there may be one or two more browser updates during the Wii's lifespan but no more. Hopefully the next one will include some plugins that will work on the wii (not sure if it is possible or not). Also, the only updates you can do manually are the wii software updates. Nintendo will notify people when channel updates are available via the message board. From what we've seen so far you will then be able to download them via the software section on the shop channel.

Hope this helps.

I don't think the Opera Wii Browser uses Cookies properly...

I cannot logon to some websites, it says I need to enable my cookies =)

i heard they were gonna make it so you can only go to Nintendo related websites.. :scared:

Back