Streaming live video on Opera

Oiler111

WiiChat Member
Sep 9, 2007
Hey all, I'm new to this forum but thought the best way to get to know people is to use you for what you are all worth, and that is a huge source of troubleshooting techies :p.

Ok, one of the biggest reasons I have purchased the wii is because my federal government's tv station (CBC here in Canada) has announced that they will be streaming all hockey games live via their website. Unfortunately as I am quickly realizing I won't be able to watch it by using just my Opera explorer as I need a new flash driver, and no current driver is supported by my browser. Is there
a) Anything in the works we might see in the next few months to allow a newer version of flash for Opera?
B) Someway I can get around this and still watch? (I was toying with orb.com to no success as the feed is apparently too big)
C) well there isn't really a C I just want my hockey games on my tv, not just my computer.

I currently connect through a wireless modem and have a laptop. (no i don't want to just bring my laptop upstairs to my living room, i bought a WII for this! :p)

thanks all!

orb works fine with me, might depends on the quality of your connection/router

but I'd say they might go onward with a new version of Opera in the following months...in fact that wouldn't surprise me at all, it's currently a big success, its basic, but it works fine. period.

Hmm,
I don't think you guys are gettin me.

There is one feed I can't seem to view via opera, cbc.ca they have a live video feed, can any of you access that via opera? Can you access the regular video feed?

'cause It says i need a special flash player, but then the link says there is none for my viewing means...

I'll check this out and tell you if it works or not for me.

Edited post: I just tried to watch a video on www.cbc.ca under the TV tab, and it said the extention was not taken in charge... I guess we can't watch that for now dude :S

Last edited:
Back