When will there be a new zelda!?

Ar15t0tle

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2009
I love TP as much as the next guy... but im in desperation... I can find nothing on any developments concerning the next chapter in the legend of zelda... at least nothing since july... i came here hoping that maybe... just maybe someone on HERE might know or have heard of something...

there is a new phony video on youtube now... for a minute there i thought it might be real because it had the "ign" watermark displayed on the screen but apparantly it isn't anything official.

Im a big fan of Zelda i got every game since they first came out on the SNE, i GOT TWILIGHT PRINCE it rocks but there suppose to be releasing another game sometime in fall 09 if that is any help for u lol

well there isn't any offical news other than shiggy confirming that the next installment in the series is being made. i did read that there is a prediction for winter 09 but thats just some analyst guessing. zelda releases are always so frustrating>_<

(Quoting first post) fall 09!! yay i havent finished TP, and it was the first zelda game i had ever played, and i love it! i havent finished cause i got the wii like, a month and a half after it came out, and the TP games had a game ending glitch only on the earlier releases of the game. but anywaz! i hope they keep it good and original ;) i hope they give us what us nintendo fans like

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Its on Youtube. Its for DS. If you don't have a DS, well now is the time, because Zelda rules. Try to get a DSi.

Honestly, I wouldn't get a DSi or DS ONLY for the Zelda games. I didn't enjoy Phantom Hourglass nearly as much as the console Zeldas. Spirit Tracks, announced at GDC, looks exactly the same as Phantom Hourglass, and the train idea seems kinda forced. IGN.com has some interesting articles about the next WII Zelda.

I found Phantom Hourglass to be a wonderful game, sure it had its times which we're awkward. (Yelling into the microphone to lower the price of a cannon) But overall I'm glad I bought it.

I don't see why some people are so fast to put down Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker was based around a boat as transport and it's a fantastic game. All they've done is replace the boat with a train, which isn't a bad thing. I personally have put Spirit Tracks on my wanted list and well, I'm quote eager to try it out.

Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are both solid games with superb graphics imo. But in those games it feels like you aren't aloud to explore as much compared to other Zelda games, because it seemed there wasn't much land on the overworld.

Spirit Tracks will be the first game for me in the "Toon Link Universe" that appears to have more land and less ocean (never played Minish Cap). This, combined with the sweet touch controls of Phantom Hourglass should make for a killer game.

Yeah but what's with this train crap? The only people I've ever seen that think trains are cool are three year olds and old dudes (Nothing against senior citizens or people that like trains. It's not their fault, there just weren't all that many hobbies to choose from in the 40's and 50's). And I never see three year olds playing a DS. What demographic are they shooting for here?

Yeah but what's with this train crap? The only people I've ever seen that think trains are cool are three year olds and old dudes (Nothing against senior citizens or people that like trains. It's not their fault, there just weren't all that many hobbies to choose from in the 40's and 50's). And I never see three year olds playing a DS. What demographic are they shooting for here?

Again, what is wrong with trains? Christ sake, just because there's a train does not mean they are aiming for a younger audience...

There shouldn't be an issue here, their obviously going for another WindWaker/Phantom Hourglass world, where traveling from one destination to another and upgrading your transport is part of the fun. I welcome the train, I also don't see a good enough argument against it.

Again, what is wrong with trains? Christ sake, just because there's a train does not mean they are aiming for a younger audience...

There shouldn't be an issue here, their obviously going for another WindWaker/Phantom Hourglass world, where traveling from one destination to another and upgrading your transport is part of the fun. I welcome the train, I also don't see a good enough argument against it.
useless gimmicks = crap

Werehog anyone?

werehog=shittiest **** in a world made of ****.

i want a new zelda just as much as anybody, just cause it has trains doesn't mean it'll be bad. i mean, when people first saw WW, all they saw was a cartoon link on a boat sailing around. people thought "what the hell was nintendo thinking?" now look at opinions on WW. its great, its awsome, its epic.

never pre-judge a game. especially from the Zelda series cause they try something new that usually turns out to be something we never even knew we wanted in the game

useless gimmicks = crap

Werehog anyone?

And this is why Nintendo are having a hard time changing Zelda away from the original formula. They change something and people see it as a gimmick or they just flat out don't like it. Again, the boat in WindWaker was never turned down, neither was it in Phantom Hourglass and I can guarantee that it will work the same way it did in Phantom Hourglass.

As far as I know there has only been one video and people seem to want to make complete assumptions based on that.

I'm ubber excited about any zelda news. I almost never pass judgement on a game without playing it fist. I would LOVE a new addition to the Zelda world, however I know that good things take time. I would hate to see a POS released just because fans became impatient. If I have wait like I did for TP it's gonna suck but I know it will be worth the wait.

werehog=shittiest **** in a world made of ****.

i want a new zelda just as much as anybody, just cause it has trains doesn't mean it'll be bad. i mean, when people first saw WW, all they saw was a cartoon link on a boat sailing around. people thought "what the hell was nintendo thinking?" now look at opinions on WW. its great, its awsome, its epic.

Exactly. People are so quick to put down anything which at 1st doesn't attract them. Ill be honest and say when I did see the trailer and Link riding around on his own train I was a bit confused:confused:, but once I thought about it, this same thing happened with WW and the boat, and yes WW was awesome.

never pre-judge a game. especially from the Zelda series cause they try something new that usually turns out to be something we never even knew we wanted in the game

Spot on.

Now seeing that we will be riding a train along the ground, this possibly could add just what PH needed, more exploring! Hopefully the land spaces might be more open and allowing for a small level of exploring to happen, which is :thumbsup:.
The game will be good.

I hope they release a new Zelda game for the Wii. It's been awhile(I think) since we have had another Zelda game and one for the Wii would be awesome.

Back