Where can I buy a Triwing screwdriver?

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
I need to buy a Triwing (nintendo) screwdriver. Are there any stores that sell them or will I have to buy them online? (I live in England by the way).

what do you need it for? i know that if you buy a case mod the screwdriver comes w/ it, but other than that, i don't know where to get one.

When I recased my DS I got one from HERE . Internet store but UK based. They were quick to deliver and I would use them again.

I know they are easy to find them online. I was just wondering if you could buy them from any stores. I assume not, unless they are selling the case mod kit.

They are sold in shops. Something like Homebase or similar may have them. I was looking for one to clean up a second hand GC controller but all my local shops had were the interchangeable kind which wouldn't fit into the two deep holes in the controller cause they were to wide.

lars said:
They are sold in shops. Something like Homebase or similar may have them. I was looking for one to clean up a second hand GC controller but all my local shops had were the interchangeable kind which wouldn't fit into the two deep holes in the controller cause they were to wide.

Homebase? Really?

FRuMMaGe said:
Homebase? Really?

Quite lucky you can find shops to buy them...Over here in panama I have been walking, driving, almost all the different ways of transportation from shop to shop and believe me I have not found a Triwing or Trigram screwdriver...After 5 days I found a cheapy ass screwdriver set about 5 bucks just to get the triwing and guess what? is not long enough to open the wiimote.... Arrrghhhh
And I was looking forward to modding my wii-mote.

Eddy04 said:
Quite lucky you can find shops to buy them...Over here in panama I have been walking, driving, almost all the different ways of transportation from shop to shop and believe me I have not found a Triwing or Trigram screwdriver...After 5 days I found a cheapy ass screwdriver set about 5 bucks just to get the triwing and guess what? is not long enough to open the wiimote.... Arrrghhhh
And I was looking forward to modding my wii-mote.

The reason for the lack of them, is that triwing screws are used exclusively in Nintendo products. Stores have no need to sell them, and it would probably be illegal for them to.

FRuMMaGe said:
The reason for the lack of them, is that triwing screws are used exclusively in Nintendo products. Stores have no need to sell them, and it would probably be illegal for them to.

Which means that the only way to get one is buying it online then....
Oh crap...I think my family members cut the last credit card in this house...Oh crap...What to do??? I wanna mod this wiimote so bad!! And later maybe the wii.

Actually if you really can't find one (tri-wing) you can improvise, you can use a Philip Screw Driver what you just need to do is trim off the other 2 legs of the cross tip of it so the tip of your Philip Screw Driver will look like an L-shape tip. I actually did this and it works.

Back