which charge station

I have the nyko charge station and it works great and doesn't take up much room. I've never even heard of the other charger.

Seems like the main difference is the Nyko one runs off mains- an extra wall/powerboard socket will be needed. The other one (Wii Blue) runs off a USB from the Wii console.

The Nyko one comes with batteries too, and seems to be of better quality. On the other hand, if you already use rechargeable AA's around the house the Wii Blue will use them
So I guess it's a choice between less clutter and potentially more convenience (Wii Blue), or superior-looking product with (probably) better recharging performance.

Attachments

• docking Station2.jpg
    docking Station2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Nyko one looks good, the other GoG thing (which I've never heard of) looks like it's attached to the Wii and needs a USB port to power it- might be problematic if the Wii's won't support it.

I got a charger and 8 AA batteries at Walgreens today for $40.

261311 said:
Nyko one looks good, the other GoG thing (which I've never heard of) looks like it's attached to the Wii and needs a USB port to power it- might be problematic if the Wii's won't support it.

There doesn't need to be any specific peripheral support if the [USB] port is just being used for power (there's no logic, just a hot voltage line).

Ah, w/e. Then that's okay but just the same the whole setup seems too bulky to sit somewhere decent.

I'm new around here (Wii for Xmas), and I just picked up the Tosa Charge Stand. Looks similar to the picture above, but a bit different.

I was just wondering though, if a wall plug in kind is better, so that the system doesn't have to be powered on (system running, fan running, etc.) to charge the remotes??

Any thoughts?

I just use a energizer battery charger. Sure you have to unload the batteries... but 10 minutes to charge 4 AA's isn't bad at all!

I have 4 in use, and 4 always charged at any given time.

I have the nyko and it seems a great piece of kit. you have to pop the battery cover off to fit the wiimote into the zapper though as it's a bit fatter.

I use these batteries. It's the cheapest, least amount of space and portable (no dock means very portable).
1tba47op.jpg

They fit in the Wii Zapper AND I can charge without removing Nintendo's Silicon Remote Jacket (I cut a round hole into the jacket for the plug with an exacto knife. I don't notice the hole during gameplay).

My Wii setup is no hassle, simple, and not cluttered.

Back