Who on wiichat likes BACON!?

My eyes dont bubble when I eat bacon, I just barf.

OK, seriously, bacon tastes OK, I just dont get why everyone loves it so dang much. Its no better then anything else.

OK, seriously, bacon tastes OK, I just dont get why everyone loves it so dang much. Its no better then anything else.

AHAH! The bacon-hater has finally cracked! BACON WINSSSSSSSSS!!!!

On a more serious note... Everyone has their loves and hates. Some people love Sushi (guilty), others hate it. Some people love chocolate (or, most do), and some don't. It's all about the taste buds and palate of an individual, Nick m'boy.

It all depends on each person's own tastebuds. It might seem like tastebuds are generally all the same, but that's far from it. Different taste buds are located in different areas of the mouth, and depending on the person, each type of tastebud may be more or less sensitive, or more or less in number than common. These differences in taste buds can positively or negatively effect how one perceives one of the five certain tastes in food; bitterness, saltiness, sourness, sweetness, and savoriness.

Bacon, depending on how it's cured (if at all...) and the like can be in the savory/salty category, like most meats. If one doesn't prefer either or those types of flavor, or especially dislikes either, they often wouldn't like bacon, among other meats. Ofcourse, that's not 100% true, since someone may love meat, but hate a certain type (I myself don't care for steak, and dislike beef; but any other animal I devour =P), and vice versa.

If the palate doesn't decide one's edible likes and dislikes, personal preferrence will come down to it, such as acquired tastes and the like. Caviar and sushi are my favorite examples; the former considered a delicacy and the latter a love it or hate it food, both are an acquired taste. You can't just love caviar off the bat, 'less you love salty, fleshy eggs. You can't try Kalamari off the bat unless you're a sushi maniac like myself, either, or you'll find yourself hating it.

Ahh, food... what a complicated but brilliantly wonderful affair with the mind and body. But when it comes down to it...

BACON HEIL!

EDIT: This must be one of the biggest posts in White Noise, lol... Saddening.

AHAH! The bacon-hater has finally cracked! BACON WINSSSSSSSSS!!!!

On a more serious note... Everyone has their loves and hates. Some people love Sushi (guilty), others hate it. Some people love chocolate (or, most do), and some don't. It's all about the taste buds and palate of an individual, Nick m'boy.

It all depends on each person's own tastebuds. It might seem like tastebuds are generally all the same, but that's far from it. Different taste buds are located in different areas of the mouth, and depending on the person, each type of tastebud may be more or less sensitive, or more or less in number than common. These differences in taste buds can positively or negatively effect how one perceives one of the five certain tastes in food; bitterness, saltiness, sourness, sweetness, and savoriness.

Bacon, depending on how it's cured (if at all...) and the like can be in the savory/salty category, like most meats. If one doesn't prefer either or those types of flavor, or especially dislikes either, they often wouldn't like bacon, among other meats. Ofcourse, that's not 100% true, since someone may love meat, but hate a certain type (I myself don't care for steak, and dislike beef; but any other animal I devour =P), and vice versa.

If the palate doesn't decide one's edible likes and dislikes, personal preferrence will come down to it, such as acquired tastes and the like. Caviar and sushi are my favorite examples; the former considered a delicacy and the latter a love it or hate it food, both are an acquired taste. You can't just love caviar off the bat, 'less you love salty, fleshy eggs. You can't try Kalamari off the bat unless you're a sushi maniac like myself, either, or you'll find yourself hating it.

Ahh, food... what a complicated but brilliantly wonderful affair with the mind and body. But when it comes down to it...

BACON HEIL!

EDIT: This must be one of the biggest posts in White Noise, lol... Saddening.

I'm vegetarian.

Yeah, I went there.

IN a bacon thread.

...... In some cases, CK, one word..... Vegetarian.lol

I object your theory CK (sorry), yes taste buds are the different in any way, but has it not that everyone is forgetting??? It's the nose and saliva! Without it, the taste bud is nothing more than a piece of useless sense attached to a wiggling muscle crap (Yes, tongue is a muscle) that has been dangling for, how long? Anyway, without the astonishing, brilliant nose/saliva it has less effect on the taste bud of bitter, salt, sweet, umami(the weird, nearly-indescribable sensation associated with monosodium glutamate) and of course sour. We people are so use to the smell of the (not to metion) the mouth-watering, sizzling bacon, or the other foods that we adore to eat. The nose and the saliva is most common because (for some reason, though hard to explain for saliva) nose is what we smell for food, right? It works like this: Olfactory (small nerve) nerve cells are found in a tiny patch of tissue high up in the nose, and they connect directly to the brain. Smell of baked cookies or.... sizzling bacon.:lol: or that I mention before, smelling food. Anyhow, the saliva also helps the taste buds to process. The saliva is a watery mixture of secretions from the salivary and oral mucous glands that lubricates chewed food. It contains ptyalin. The ptyalin that is with the mixtured of the chewed food makes it hard for the taste buds to taste.... For some reason it does... Try this: Grab some food and chew it for a looong time 'til you feel saliva overwhelming the food. Now try at least taste the food. You may still taste some of the food but not to much, right? After that is done. The saliva(even though this does not contain the information...yet.... about what it has to do with taste but I gotz to need of telling of diz!) helps the esophagus to bring the food down. Yeah... it doesn't really make much sense what it has to do with taste but it is the process of the tongue and taste because when the person/you swallow the the food the tongue backs it down. Like a bulldozer pushing the dirt.... ANYWAYYYYY! Back to subject, might as well stop like this because the taste buds is part of senses....... just forget it.lol

Ah well, yes, food and taste is is an awkwardly yet a useful substance that we need to use it as a normal human being... Without it, food is just something that we need to live, though, nothing to taste it to be proud of. And taste buds is an essential ingredient sense that the brain needs it to understand the wonder-making food that nature has brought us. Or learn.:lol:

........... WHEN I SAY MEAT, GO BACON!:lol:

NOTE: CK, just get out! lol JK

The part that annoys me is that this thread is so old I'm on the first post, and no amount of hitting the screen makes it go away.

I never liked bacon much anyway.

Vegetarianism ftw

Correct, King! =D To sum down your equally oversized post, the palate wouldn't so much as function feasibly without the nasal cavity's olfactory nerve, and ofcourse, saliva. I knew this already, yes, but I should of mentioned it. Regardless, combine both our posts, and you've got the sense of Taste in a nutshell.

I'm vegetarian.

Yeah, I went there.

IN a bacon thread.

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUUN!

What about Tofu bacon? :D

I'm vegetarian.

Yeah, I went there.

IN a bacon thread.

Why the hell are u here? r u a hippy too? If u are go smoke ur weed and leave us tasty diners in peace

Epic prejudice fail. Ain't nothing wrong with hippies, and not every vegetarian is a hippy regardless. That's the bullshit you hear from rednecks in Texas. .-.;

Bacon will kill BinLaden because we will build a bacon man that is like a zombie and then after his mission is done we go eat Mr.Bacon man

Back