WiFi Troubles

DS-Gamer

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
What happened to my WiFi, I got it last christmas and every little while Ill try to hook it up. It always get to the very end of the bar then says Error (6) Internet Connection Problem? I tried a week ago, I put in the CD but this time nothing poped up at all.

i actually had the same thing happen multiple times during my setup. it's an internet sharing error that occurs.

basically i disabled internet connection sharing in the network connection settings, then restarted the installation and it worked

Open network connection settings > right click on the network and select properties > in the general tab select TCP/IP and click properties > uncheck internet connection settings > apply settings > run setup form the cd

also make sure your antivirus settings are not conflicting either

this should fix the issue because basically what i think was happening for me was the setup was unable to setup internet connection sharing because i had another network setup for sharing.

so when i ran the setup with the connection sharing disabled the automated installation was able to continue with the setup.

hopefully this works for you.

I do have a few virus-thingies but it always ask if I will allow it to connect to the internet but it's never asked me and it doesnt just block something without asking :) I think..

hmmm....probably the best way to try setting it up then is to disable all startup items and services (except for microsoft services) with Start > Run > msconfig. then running the installation after startup.

Back