Wii Battery

on the bottom of the Wii system? or in the controller? well if anything i "don't" have my Wii yet but once i do get it i will try to help u out wit wat it is if i can understand it myself

Yeah I know what your talking about. It might be to power the BIOS. Or maybe its almost like a backup power when its connected 24/7. Who knows...

i really REALLY hope the Wii makes its own rechargable battery so the controller can recharge like the playstation3 i think thats one of the set backs is the batteries but xbox 360 needs batteries too :) but they have wired controllers so thats not so bad but yea i hope Wii makes its own battery like the PSP with that little block thats pretty koool

ohh sweet theres gunna be a batery yeaaaa!

ohh whoa hehe i never heard of a battery on the bottom?! r u sure its a battery or it can just be a place for the game cube controllers or the gamcube memory cards?

im pretty sure that's for the CMOS too keep the mobo settings/wii settings in case it' not hooked up to power, if you look on your compy mobo it'll have one too

maybe thats for emergency prurposes such as if ure updating and all of a sudden the electricity goes out

paintba||er said:
Ok you guys have a few different theories but does anyone know for a fact or have a source?

From my knowledge, I have never heard or read anything about it untill just now. xD

All it does it keep the information like the time constantly running when the wii is not plugged in.

Your computers have one too.

Oooh, found one. Yeah, motherboards on computers also have batteries. To keep the bios from losing all your settings. I guess the Wii uses a bigger battery or something and keeps it external (in a wayO)

av just read somewhere that somebody was having problems with wifi and after he changed the battery it was solved????

Does this sound possible as my wifi hasnt worked for weeks now and av gave up on it, gonna try a battery tomorrow anyway and prey it works.

Back