Wii Classic Controller

marcush24

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2007
Sheffield, UK
Wii Online Code
8925-8109-8028-2058
What consoles can this controller actually be used for?

I have bought one to play Gamecube games, but it wont! lol
How do i set up the controller?

the classic controller is for the VC. i dont believe you can play gamecube games with it....however on the side of the wii, there is a compartment for the game cube controllers. there are i believe 4 ports.

ETA: if you plug it into the bottom of the wii remote, it should just recognize it almost instantaniously

to those that have a classic controller:

i have one, and i noticed that there are 2 slots on the bottom, along with a button on the top in the center that moves what looks like a locking mechanism within those slots...

does anyone know what this is for?

something thats availible now?

or possibly nintendos got something up their sleeve and plans to release something?

jessetheinferno said:
to those that have a classic controller:

i have one, and i noticed that there are 2 slots on the bottom, along with a button on the top in the center that moves what looks like a locking mechanism within those slots...

does anyone know what this is for?

something thats availible now?

or possibly nintendos got something up their sleeve and plans to release something?

HA! thats funny i JUST noticed that! ive always pushed the button and it never did anything and now i know what it does! yeah look like it locks onto something. what that something is i dont know so im sorry :tard:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
the classic controller is for the VC. i dont believe you can play gamecube games with it...

That's correct - the classic controller does not work on Game Cube games.

You need a standard GameCube controller to play GameCube games.

You need a Wii Classic Controller to play Virtual Console (downloaded) games.

*Some Virtual Console games work with the GameCube controller, but not many.

Goots said:
You need a standard GameCube controller to play GameCube games.

You need a Wii Classic Controller to play Virtual Console (downloaded) games.

*Some Virtual Console games work with the GameCube controller, but not many.

And also, some virtual console games can be played with the Wii remote turned sideways.

Back