Wii Component Cable.

Nemix

Frost-bitten
Jul 14, 2006
Hi,

just wondering if anyone has these Wii component cables:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Wii-...64930/catOid/-16761/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I want to buy the Wii Component Monster Cables cause I have Monster Cables on my 360 but I can get those for way less...

With my first Wii I had the Blaze Component cables, they worked very good. But I'm thinking the Psyclones would be slightly better. They look almost like Monster Cables not sure if they would perform the same though...

i found some component cables online for about 8$ shipped. you may want to check those out. they do the job just fine. there was a thread/post about it somewheres on the board.

they are all pretty much the same thing, and it would be hard to actually notice a difference unless the ones you had were screwed..

GaryT85 said:
they are all pretty much the same thing, and it would be hard to actually notice a difference unless the ones you had were screwed..

Something I've noticed with high quality cables are the give very noticeably better sound quality. I agree that it's pretty hard to tell the difference in image quality unless you have a high end really big screen TV (bigger than 50").

Anyways just wanted to say I've already grabbed the Psyclone Premium Wii cables for for a great deal $15 US (Tax + Shipping Included), how I could pass up on that deal...

Do you have a Bose sound system? No? Then dont waste $40 on that cable or I will throw toast at you in massive quantities.

I got my component cable for $10 and it works great.

Spyro said:
Do you have a Bose sound system? No? Then dont waste $40 on that cable or I will throw toast at you in massive quantities.

I got my component cable for $10 and it works great.

You totally lost me on that one...1) Bose is audio, component is video and 2) Bose sucks, so does Monster Cable. Both are very overpriced and you can get so much more with other higher quality brands.
For standard audio/video cables blue jeans cable is great. For a Wii component cable the Nintendo brand will do just fine, paying anything more is a waste, especially since the video output is 720p.

gnahc79 said:
You totally lost me on that one...1) Bose is audio, component is video and 2) Bose sucks, so does Monster Cable. Both are very overpriced and you can get so much more with other higher quality brands.
For standard audio/video cables blue jeans cable is great. For a Wii component cable the Nintendo brand will do just fine, paying anything more is a waste, especially since the video output is 720p.

I think was was meant was that it would be a waste to buy high end cables unless you have a high end audio system like Bose (Bose is good, IMHO). I tend to agree with this as everything I have read about the component cables points to an increase in audio quality with higher end ones, no change in video... Just my $.02

I will be dropping by my local RadioShack to see if they have any instock or else I will have to hit (dare I say it) BestBuy (which could be dangerous as I have been itching for a new game, just have Wii Play and of course Wii Sports :ee5k:)

gnahc79 said:

Huh?

First of all, unless I'm mistaken, the video output is 480p. Second, the Nintendo brand cable is around $50 while the knock-offs are more like $25 or less. I though we were discussing the latter.

Oops, yeah 480p :). Component cables for consoles aren't the standard video cable with the wii-end of the cable. The Nintendo brand cable (~$35) is good since it's guaranteed to work well IMO. Vendor component cables could work too I guess as long as it's not super expensive and still works reliably.

Btw, for audio/video stuff go to www.avforums.com. Mention Bose or Monster and see what kind of replies are posted, yikes!

Last edited:
gnahc79 said:
Oops, yeah 480p :). Component cables for consoles aren't the standard video cable with the wii-end of the cable. The Nintendo brand cable (~$35) is good since it's guaranteed to work well IMO. Vendor component cables could work too I guess as long as it's not super expensive and still works reliably.

Btw, for audio/video stuff go to www.avforums.com. Mention Bose or Monster and see what kind of replies are posted, yikes!

Wow... I would have bought the Nintendo brand too if I had seen that it's only $30 on Amazon. Best Buy wanted $49 for it, and only $25 for the knock-offs. Never seen such a price difference (66% mark-up), even at a big box retail store.

Last edited:
Back