Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wii and component cables

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by CougarTrace, Apr 28, 2007.

1. CougarTrace

CougarTrace L-I-V-I-N

Hi all,

I understand with the Wii Component cables, I want to hook up the Component part to the back of my tv and the composite white and red to my receiver. However, in my setup, the TV and receiver don't set so close as to make this happen. Can you buy extenders for the composite cables or is there a diffrerent Wii Component cable which have longer cables?

2. The_Mitch

The_Mitch UNACCEPTABLE

Wii Friend Code: 2025-2025-2025-2025
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    your talking about the 2 audio cables right (the red and white ones)? i have the same problem with my xbox360. we just got a surround sound system but my 360 audio cables dont reach so i searched the net and found audio cable extensions at radio shack. im sure you can find them at many other stores though

3. len_f

len_f WiiChat Member

Sure, you just need an RCA stereo extension cable. It'll have two RCA female plugs on one end (to which you hook up the red and white Wii component cables) and two RCA male plugs, which go into your sound system, receiver, whatever. Unless you're going over 25 feet or so, cable size, thickness, quality really won't be an issue. (Be sure to get an *extension* RCA stereo cable. A regular RCA hookup cable will be more common, but it'll have two males plugs on each end, which won't help you very much unless you also get a pair of female/female plug adapters.)

BTW, there's no reason you couldn't use the same RCA extension cables to extend the video signals as well, if you needed. Cables are cables.