Wii Component Cable

nearzero

WiiChat Member
Apr 2, 2009
Hi im thinking of getting a wii component cable for my wii.yes i have the blue green and white i have everything!But im wondering cause ive got a lcd sharp 32" lcd tv would it make graphics better. Cause ive got guitar hero world tour and i dont really like the graphics on it so if i get a wii component cable would it make clear and lil bt better graphics.

thanks,

it will make a noticable difference. colors will be brighter, jaggies may seem mroe obvious, but on a 32 it won't change your opinion on the game.
it may be a 5/10 to a 7/10

Better than component, use an upscaler that scales the Wii resolution from 480p to 720p and 1080p. See my post about this...

Better than component, use an upscaler that scales the Wii resolution from 480p to 720p and 1080p. See my post about this...

That still takes the same 480p output from the component cables. Upscaling doesn't create new picture data that wasn't originally there.

Upscalers are expensive. If you do go that route you're better off getting a surround receiver with a built in Radeon upscaler. Even then the image is still 480p.

Component is better than composite. If you do use component make sure to turn down your "sharp" or "picture" settings on your LCD. This will tone down the jaggies and give games a more natural look.

Upscalers are expensive. If you do go that route you're better off getting a surround receiver with a built in Radeon upscaler. Even then the image is still 480p.

Component is better than composite. If you do use component make sure to turn down your "sharp" or "picture" settings on your LCD. This will tone down the jaggies and give games a more natural look.

I second that. Also in some games (at least in brawl) there is a "de-flicker" option that degrades it SLIGHTLY making the jaggies less noticable but maintaining the sharpness of the picture.

Also there is a good comparison of component vs compsite here

I play on a Samsung 32" 720p LCD tv and there is a noticable difference between composite and component. Also I'm not sure if this has been addressed by any updates or not, but some VC games don't like you using a component cable in with the resolution at 480i, aka no picture. Change it to 480p and you should be good.

Back