wii craped out

blogman54

Wiifan54
Feb 14, 2007
I having been having problems with my wii every once in a great while it won't read discs, and than today no video came up. Tried to turn it off won't not turn off. Long story short I am pissed :mad5: :mad5: that a 2 month old console craped out. I am gonna turn it into to game stop and get a 360 later in August after the rumored price cut goes into affect

BTW I only played my console at the very most 2 hours a week if that

Last edited:
It's probably just defective, and if you send it back to nintendo and its still under warrenty, you can exchange for a brand new one.

Yea probably a defect, I had a defect just turned it in and got a brand new one

Will people stop saying they will trade there wii in for an Xbox. you do know there is a good reason wii is near to outselling xbox, and has outsold it buy miles every month since its launch with and average of 1.11 million a month

daviduk200 said:
Will people stop saying they will trade there wii in for an Xbox. you do know there is a good reason wii is near to outselling xbox, and has outsold it buy miles every month since its launch with and average of 1.11 million a month

Very true. Right now Xbox can't give the experience that the Wii is giving.

daviduk200 said:

I am well aware of the Wii beating every console out there I work for Wal Mart, and we can't even keep the Wii in the case we just hand them out when people ask. I am just saying I can get a 360 and have a bigger game selection right now. I did like my Wii, but it did have its draw backs. Thats why I am not going through Nintendo just get game credit go from there

Did you extend your warranty by registering your wii on nintendo.com? I hope you get it worked out. You just got a faulty system because nintendo makes quality products and they will gladly replace it. Goodluck to you

blogman54 said:
I am well aware of the Wii beating every console out there I work for Wal Mart, and we can't even keep the Wii in the case we just hand them out when people ask. I am just saying I can get a 360 and have a bigger game selection right now. I did like my Wii, but it did have its draw backs. Thats why I am not going through Nintendo just get game credit go from there

Theres tons of new games coming out like SSBB, Mario Strikers Charged in a few hours, MP3, and such coming out though. How could you sell it now????

Talk about crapping out, have you heard about all the issues with the xbox 360? I have gone through 3 of them already due to overheating issues! All covered under warranty but had to be replaced them with new ones! I wouldnt get a 360 because Im hearing that 1 out 4 four units are being returned because of the overheating issue. 360 is cool and all, but they die after a short time. If you must get a 360, spend the extra 30 or so bucks on an extended warranty!

gpracing said:
Talk about crapping out, have you heard about all the issues with the xbox 360? I have gone through 3 of them already due to overheating issues! All covered under warranty but had to be replaced them with new ones! I wouldnt get a 360 because Im hearing that 1 out 4 four units are being returned because of the overheating issue. 360 is cool and all, but they die after a short time. If you must get a 360, spend the extra 30 or so bucks on an extended warranty!

nah, he wouldnt have to get the extended warranty. Microsoft extended everybodys warranty for the 360 by three years from the original purchase date. But that only applies to your 360 if it completely "craps" (refer to title) out on you leaving you nothing but 3 red rings of death.

-and welcome to WiiChat GPRacing

manufan15 said:
Theres tons of new games coming out like SSBB, Mario Strikers Charged in a few hours, MP3, and such coming out though. How could you sell it now????

Because it doesn't work I didn't sell it lucky that I was in my 90 day return policy I just got my full refund yesterday Now I am waiting for my B day to justify the cost of a 360, and by than the 360 will have dropped in price :yesnod:

Back