Wii Games with Regular Controller?

finixfrost

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2006
Can Wii Games such as the new Zelda be played with a regular controller? or does it only work with the Wii-mote? And, old games aren't compatible with the new Wii-mote, right?

Thanks!

I belive Zelda is a Wii Remote exclusive, Check the game box it will differ from the Remote Wii Icon, Some of the old games are compatible with the Wii-Mote , Just check befor purchasing which needs what and you should be fine.

(I have my old Gamcube controllers at the ready they play basically all The Oldies, Wavebirds - Gr8!).

zelda needs the wiimote. some of the virtual console games can use it but not all.

Hi there,
My wife bought me Wii for Christmas....a complete surprise for me.
Now, I've spend almost the same cost of the console pack, in a couple of games, a second wiiremote / nunchack, a gamecube controller (wireless) & memory card, and the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter, since I don't have a router.
Now, is it possible to use the Gamecube controller in Wii games instead of buying the clasic controller?

Thx in advance.

LioCraft said:
Hi there,
My wife bought me Wii for Christmas....a complete surprise for me.
Now, I've spend almost the same cost of the console pack, in a couple of games, a second wiiremote / nunchack, a gamecube controller (wireless) & memory card, and the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter, since I don't have a router.
Now, is it possible to use the Gamecube controller in Wii games instead of buying the clasic controller?

Thx in advance.

wii_controllerchart-2.jpg

Back