Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii graphics can't handle Sonic Generations

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by castlezelda, May 26, 2011.

1. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Via Nintendo Everything

2. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    This is what happens when you try to bring the same game to different formats.

One is always the problem,

In b4 Sega hate

3. skidmarx

skidmarx semi-pro thumb jockey

Wii Friend Code: 5556-6677-7123-4567
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    yup the whole 7th generation is exhausted and you have to go to 'top of the line' pc's to see the best graphics today. no sense bashing the wii anymore. good post :thumbsup:

4. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

I don't understand why the Wii version has been dropped when they are making a seperate 3DS version. It would make more sense to put that version on both platforms, especially as Sega games tend to sell more on the Wii than they do on the HD platforms (for example Unleashed sold about 1.5 million on 360/PS3 combined and the Wii version sold 1.8 million on its own).

I think that the Wii not being able to handle the games graphics is just an excuse. The real reason is probably that they are developing it for 'Project Cafe' instead, but they can't say that because the console isn't officially announced or named yet.

5. Maldo

Maldo WiiChat Member

The reasion why they're doing this because it's allready on 3Ds, not regluar DS (there's allready one that will be released on it, which we'll get to), and if they're gonna put it on the wii when the Wii U is down the road, (to them) it doesn't make any sense.

Also, they allready have announced Sonic and Mario at the (shitty-godawful) London Olympic Games 2012 for the Wii and DS.

Yeah, I would've liked Sonic Generations (which is the only game that intrests me, unlike the 7 shitty rings and halfassed knight game they made) being the 3DS version has the same graphics, but it's whatever Ninty wants to focus on now. (I know there's Sonic Colors, but this one grabs my attention as there's old Sonic alongside the current one)

I suspect them to port it to Wii U next year as the regluar Wii is slowing dying out due to lower sales and lack of developer intrest on it. Maybe we'll be in for a surprise on the Wii U version if we buy their shitty olympics game for the Wii/DS.

Speeking of other sonic games, I've heard they're going to make another "storybook" series one - ala 7 rings, black night, and colors- for Wii & DS with... A WESTERN THEME?!!! God! They can't be serious!! I so hope it's not true and that the cover art someone posted on youtube is FAKE!
    Though it seamed real with Amy in the cowgirl outfit, Sonic & Tails with GUNS!, and Dr eggman trying to, you've guessed it... Take over the world!

6. caaraa

caaraa WiiChat Member

This is what happens when you try to bring the same game to different formats.
    [​IMG][​IMG]