Wii Hardware update

seemore48

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2011
USA
My system console, attached to the internet, has been updating for the past 3 days.... is this normal???

Wow! I thought I was the only one experiencing this. How much stuff can they possibly be updating? My computer doesn't even update that much. I only use my wii for netflix and gaming. weird. I thought someone hacked it and was using my netflix because I am using a wireless router but that wasn't it. thank god.

it's not normal to expect it to last more than a few minutes. best try again later.

Tnx for reply. I also use for netflix (rarely), and one game on Wi Sports Resort (also rarely). The Blue light inside the drive has been on and pulsing for 3 days. I unplugged the unit once for 5 minutes, and upon turning it on again the unit seemed fine.... for about 30 minutes. Now updating again.

I am assuming the blue light in the drive is the unit updating.

I've had the unit for 8 months, and I have seen it occasionally update BUT never like this!!!

Tnx skidmarx for your response ... any other ideas ?????

ok try doing other stuff on it like internet channel, wiishop channel etc. and see if you can find an error code. if it is just update failing it could be your internet signal "timing out." just a hunch.

After extensive testing (LOL), it appears that my unit doesn't like discs sitting in its drive and not being used in a long time. The Wii sports disc was in there and upon removing it...problem solved!! Is this an axiom of wii -- don't leave discs in for a long time????

the instruction manual says to remove the disc but people leave it in all the time. glad that's resovled :)

Back