Wii online accounts?

I_WANT_WII

TEH HAXXORS
Aug 29, 2006
Ontario,Canada
Ummm, yeah, I have another question. When we play online will we have to make an account or will it just use our miis? I think that it should usen our miis, but wouldn't that mean that people would have the same name? If we use our mii's someone should make an archive of our wii online names once the wii comes out. ok soif this was already a thread sorry but I can never finds the other thread before it is too late.

I don't think there's been a thread created on this specific issue, so you're safe.:D (famous last words)

As for your question, I don't really know either. I think and suggested in another thread using Miis as your personal online account because they're very customizable and it would be nice to not need friend codes. It could be more like Xbox Live, which does opti-match which finds people that are at your skill level or you can be more specific and invite only your friends in.

There wouldn't be a problem with people having the same name because that just wouldn't be allowed. It would be like Xbox Live. When you enter in the name you would like to use it searches their database and if someone already has that name, then you've got to come up with a different one.

If Nintendo really wants to appeal to the casual and especially the non-gamer, they should really retire the whole friend code BS and make it as simple as customizing and naming your Mii and then starting up a game with nothing more than a 4-button password to get online.

in this one interview, the guy said will you fix the friend codes cause he said no one likes them, then kaplan kept saying its a saftey issue and that it is successful, and the guy kept saying: no one likes jotting down all thoes numbers. but she said they havent decided yet even.

hopefully they will just have account and keep it simple.!!!! their trying to protect kids, and yet get "everyone together" wow..

to get the friends code, can you just go on the forum and ask somone? if i dont know a lot of ppl with wii cant we do that?

Sovieto said:
in this one interview, the guy said will you fix the friend codes cause he said no one likes them, then kaplan kept saying its a saftey issue and that it is successful, and the guy kept saying: no one likes jotting down all thoes numbers. but she said they havent decided yet even.

hopefully they will just have account and keep it simple.!!!! their trying to protect kids, and yet get "everyone together" wow..
It's kinda sad when people would rather pay a fee (ala Xbox) than to jot down 12 numbers. Personally I love the idea of friend codes. I actually prefer it if I know who I'm playing with, even if I only get to know them on MSN first.

Oh, and since the deal is with friend codes, rather than dedicated servers, I'd expect that you'd sort out the double names between yourselves.

I read that there will be friend codes but the whole system will be improved. It would be good for those over a certain age to be able to pl,ay against anyone while kids use friend codes. I'm sure Nintendo will let us know more in the coming future and i belive that the online system is coming online and being tested throughout October.

Back