Wii only available in one colour at launch...

Admiral Pinky

WiiChat Member
Oct 29, 2006
Well, as the title says, the Wii will only be available in one colour at launch, the standard shiny white.

Link:http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=7608

This is kinda annoying because I wanted a black one. Also Wiimotes will only be available in white at launch, which could cause confusion over which Wiimote is which.

I heard their reasoning for this is that they can't make enough in each colour in time. Part of Nintendo's appeal is that they have their consoles in different colours (moreso with the handhelds), and this isn't gonna help in trying to reach out to the non-gamer.

This isn't such a big deal to me, as I could just sell my white one for a black one when it comes out (hopefully a Wii with DVD playback too, if it comes out in the UK!).

EDIT: Just realised after a quick search that most people know this anyway, this threads more detailed than the others I found. :cool:

Last edited:
Why is everyone complaining about there only being white at launch? It's the same as every other system to come before it, they have one color at launch, then after the demand is down the start spreading to other colors.

Back